🌙~You Said~💙

A/N: Fair warning, you might want tissues for this one.

We were best friends, you and I. Two flowers bursting with life under the sweet summer sky.

We talked, we laughed, our worries miles away. Time kept us company, enjoying her stay.

Through the stress, through the storms, we were standing side by side. How could I have foreseen the changing tide?

Was it obvious, am I that naïve? Was it something I did that made you leave?

Conclusions aplenty, my mind can draw. It makes no difference, I'll never know what could've been the last straw.

I ponder this often, our friendship that was. Though, summoning bittersweet memories is all it does.

You were silent and I cried for weeks on end. I only wanted to go back, back to the sweet time when you were my friend.

I'll never forget what you said. Not when I see the sunshine, not when I go to bed.

A/N: Yes, if you're wondering, this is based on recent events in my personal life, and writing this poem is yet another way for me to continue healing from it in the best way I know how to; art.

You know the drill; stay safe out there, stay tuned for future story updates, be kind to yourself, and be kind to others. I'll see you in the next one.💜🦋~Love, Sunset

💜🦋~Love, Sunset