chapter I

Jisung

My name is Han Jisung, I am 19 and I am the first Son of South Korea. My devoted mother Yang Jiwon is the honorary president of the state, a strong and independent woman who is notable of her intercontinental connections and charming personality. She is the first female president of the country, and I am very honoured to call myself her son.

Politics is traditionally a family business, so neither my close relatives nor I are exempt from this. I in the near future am going to complete my Political studies meanwhile my little brother, Yang Jeongin only just starts that major at the local university. His father and my stepfather, Yang Inwoo undoubtedly has the sociable vein in the family, given that he is being involved in social politics and social economics. And our mom, who is well versed in ecological economics, has an academic degree in law and went to psychology minor in university.

She had become president before I got to my 16th birthday, so I lived most of my life as your average kid and highschooler. Typically receiving the similar kind of treatment as anyone out there, but it shifted as quickly as you take a breath. I could no longer be the emo music blasting, dark hoodie wearing and half-asleep student in the back of the class whenever I desired. 

No, no, no.

Not just in school but in every key aspect of my life I've been now watched, examined and rated. Whenever I went out, I had to be careful of how I acted and dressed. I became a celebrity under a night. Getting compared to other famous world leader's kids or meeting these said kids in person were under no circumstances on my bingo card, trust me. But there I was desperately trying my best to fit in at fancy meetings, dinner parties and conference halls, at first with little to no major success. All these people, royalties from countries around the world have born into this life or were in this place long enough to be unbothered by my continual presence.

Not until at a charity dinner party I got to see the direct heir for the  throne, Hwang Hyunjin for the first time. My heart stopped as I saw them walk in a sparkling, deep-sea blue evening gown, their glossy hair carefully tied in a low bun with a matching sparkling bow and bejeweled headdress. They were popularly called the charming "Ice Princess" because of her icy glances she would promptly throw at the ones who succesfully annoyed her.

Out of genuinely admiring I naturally wanted to accurately greet them and introduce myself to her, so maybe we could talk. She was my age, the only one at this private dinner party which could have meant a nicer evening to spend... If I haven't received those heartless glances at an instant.

"Your royal highness, welcome to the party. Hope you have a great evening; my name is Han Ji-"

"Get out of my way." She said and rushed away without any pleasant word.

I was petrified, couldn't move or breathe properly. I replayed the event second by second to spot where could've I possible irritated her, but I couldn't pinpoint it no matter how I tried.

Ever since that terrible day I grew more and more resentful towards her whenever our political ways crossed. Seemingly that was overwhelmingly the personal sentiment on her side too. Hence imagine my apparent confusion when not only my dear brother, but I also received an official invitation by the royal castle to her paternal uncle's Bang Chan's wedding ceremony. My brother, Jeongin, was genuinely thrilled and living out his full body excitement by dancing around everyone as he promptly delivered the unfortunate news to me.

He was different than me, practically living in the spotlight, naturally obtaining the life of the party role at every diplomatic conference since the very start. Jeongin was way better in this politics kind of flattery. With considerable time my social game got better as well, but that rocky start did place extra weight on my shoulders. Despite that after some fancy get together a year later my brother and I became known as the "International Heartthrobs", because of our now handsome, adult faces. Inevitably losing the baby fat was precisely like a final evolution phase of our puberty, causing people to notice us more and more often.