Chapter 22

Rishi

I have been sleeping on nails since I saw Sanjana, and to make it worse, my own friends and family seemed to be in team Sanjana. When I asked Mom if she was aware of Sanjana being not married and in Mumbai, she responded with a taunt about me being not confident about my feelings. The more I asked, the more she taunted. I asked dad for help but he has always been team MOM!

My last resort was Jay, but that traitor. He said I was to be blamed for all the mess. I have been trying reaching Pooja, but again, team Sanajna and I am left alone to bat ball and field. Plus all are throwing googly at me.

I jumped around my room in frustration, Sanajna Khanna had all the right moves to drive me crazy. I decided to get hold of Pooja, come what may, she will have to answer by questions and help me meet Sanjana.

WIth determination , I took a long bath making sure I looked clean and well kept. I  wore my best casuals to look attractive . I am not sure if my words would pacify her, if words failed I will try to seduce her with my looks . CHecking my complete look in he mirror, I felt something was missing . Hence, I gelled my hair back to look more macho. 'Are you?' My mind asked and my confidence go diffused like a balloon. Man, Love is hard.

***

''Are you attending a wedding or something?'' Dad asked as I greeted him taking my place . My expression made him chuckle, ''Don't get upset. I cloud smell you from up the stairs , and you seemed to have cleaned up. '' he teased munching his sandwich.

''Dad, you are of no help. Why didn't you tell me about Sanajna being here in Mumbai and that she is still single.''

''Why didn't you trust your love?''

''Dad, Sanjana is classic good girl. She followed rules and norms se by others to the T without ever questioning them. She never returned my feelings verbally. She just asked few weeks. The more I spend time with her, the more I fell. Dad, I never realized that love could bring pain and fear. The fear of her walking away was way more than my belief on unrequited love.''

Dad smiled, he moved closer. ''She has right to be angry, and you had right to be scared. Son, she proved herself. Now, you prove yourself.'' I nodded

''You have time till our anniversary.'' I blinked. 

''Dad, that's in a month.''

''Yes, and we as your parents would like to announce your engagement the same day.''

''That's lot of pressure.''

Dad rubbed my bag, his face full of disappointment.  ''Son, you have too many people upset around you, you can't afford to piss me off.''

''Dad, I am your only son.''

''Yeah, but your mother is my only wife. She said a month, then you just get a month. Post that we give you taunts.''

I blinked, what kind of motivation was that. Just then I saw my mother walking in, all ready to leave. ''Mom, I will join you.''

''No, get your own car. I don't want Pooja to feel I am helping you. We stay neutral.''

''WE?''

''Me and my husband. Pooja ad Jay are on Sanajna's side. You are now your own.'' She pecked my cheek, winked at dad before walking away.

''Do I get a car or you guys gave that away as well.'' I asked irritated. In return I got mocking smiles. This is frustrating

Running to my room, I changed again and got into a jeans and a comfortable t-shirt . Picking my helmet, I pulled my beast of bike out. Sanjana needs a bad boy. But boy, I was so wrong, good girls when angry are meaner than any one.