Suddenly, Hermione burst into their midst with a thud, causing Harry to jump in surprise. Diana looked up from her book, her curiosity piqued by Hermione's dramatic entrance.

"I had you looking in the wrong section. How could I be so stupid? I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading," Hermione exclaimed, her voice tinged with frustration as she dropped a hefty tome onto the table. Ron raised an eyebrow skeptically.

"This is light?" he quipped, eyeing the imposing volume with apprehension. Hermione ignored his comment, her attention focused on the book before her.

"Here it is!" she exclaimed triumphantly, scanning the page with fervor. "Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone."

"The what?" Ron and Harry chorused, their confusion evident.

Hermione launched into an explanation, her voice animated as she described the legendary substance's extraordinary powers. As Hermione read over the book she had slammed down on the table, a sense of foreboding settled over the group, as the pages detailed Flamel's age-defying possession of the Stone. Their eyes met in silent agreement, the gravity of their discovery weighing heavily upon them. Diana exchanged a meaningful glance with Harry, her thoughts racing with unspoken questions. What secrets lay hidden beneath the trapdoor on the third floor?

"We need to go see Hagrid." Harry said after a moment of taking in what Hermione had said. "He's the one who let slip about Flamel. Maybe he knows more."

"That's if he will talk to us. You heard him last time. 'I should not have said that'." Ron said, imitating the giant that lived on the outskirts of the castle. Diana looked between the two boys, wondering when they had talked to Hagrid. There were definitely disadvantages to being in another house. In this instance she had no idea that Hagrid had even been the reason they were looking at Nicholas Flamel.

"After dark, let's sneak out and see if we can talk to him." Harry whispered, as he closed his textbooks. He got up from the table, motioning to them to follow him down to dinner. Diana shook her head.

"I had a large lunch. I'll see you guys tonight." Diana said looking back down at her books acting like she was going back to studying. They bid her farewell and as soon as they were out of sight she let her head fall to the table, her forehead hitting the book in front of her with a resounding thud. Her Griffidor friends were going to get her in trouble no doubt, but she couldn't help herself. She loved a good mystery.

"Plotting with Potter I see." a body sat down next to her and she didn't need to look up to see that it was Draco. This was the first time that he had talked to her since returning.

"What's it to you?" She groaned, turning her head to look at him, cheek still pressed into the book. He tilted his head to look at her, the corner of his lips turning up just slightly.

"Leverage." He smirked at her and she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not saying a word. But I won't stop you if you follow me tonight to find out." She closed her eyes and huffed her frustration.

"What's got you huffing and puffing like a little dragon?" He asked. She peered at him through her eyelids, brow creasing at the nickname he had just used.

"Just wondering what I got myself into by befriending the boy who lived." She replied, sitting up straight and closing her book.

"I was wondering the same thing."

Night had settled over the castle grounds, casting long shadows across the path as Diana, Hermione, Ron, and Harry hurried towards Hagrid's hut. She'd had no issues sneaking out of the common room. Once Pansy had started snoring she knew that she was in the clear. It did not escape her notice that Draco had followed her as she was leaving. She really didn't care if he followed, if it made him feel included.