13. I Want To Hear Your Voice

Start from the beginning

"Gawin likes Krist."

'I feel suffocated.'

"Are you sure? He seems straight." Bright lightly flicked his finger, dropping the cigarette ash on the floor, recalling that guy's appearance in his mind. Gawin is tall and a bit bulky compared to Krist. He had a handsome face, Bright had to admit that his face was quite outstanding for an ordinary person.

"Gawin is straight, but Gawin likes Krist."

Joss spoke in a monotone voice as if he were telling his own story. Bright inhaled deeply and exhaled, letting the smoke seep from his mouth and cover his face. His eyes searched through the smoke, gazing at the two figures who were standing shoulder to shoulder, surrounded by a bunch of drunk people. 

Krist's smile was bright even in the dim light. 

He stood up straight from the railing, silent, his burning cigarette still had a half. There was nothing on his shirt, but he still brushed the invisible dirt before striding his long legs back inside.

"Krist also likes Gawin."

Bright turned his back to the sky as dark as the ocean without paying attention to whether Joss returned to his chair or not. He hummed an unknown melody and smoked the cigarette, it was tasteless though. 

🎵 I was s'posed to be sent away.
But they forgot to come and get me.
I was a functioning alcoholic.
'Til nobody noticed my new aesthetic...
🎵

The world had really changed, the guy he secretly loved was also changing, slowly.

...

The rain fell on a brisk late autumn day, the streets became empty and quiet, the light outside threw shadows on the road and rooftops. Still a few people were walking under the rain at two in the morning. Bright pulled up his sleeves, exposing the skin of the elbow on the right where was slightly red from the tattoo ink. 

He could smell the scent of alcohol mixed with cigarettes lingering in Krist's hair, the smaller guy was leaning on him, sleeping, the sound of Krist's breath on Bright's neck, the bad habits of Krist every time he drinking beer that Bright was supposed to enjoy back then, now he felt tense. 

Krist's hand was untentionally placed on his chest.

Krist would have immediately pressed his fingers to his own lips if he knew Bright was staring at it. He would do that if he knew the other's true feelings.

"But why peace, heart, sun, and music?"

Krist looked at the small tattoos on Bright's right elbow and sat upright, giving Bright enough space for his heartbeat getting back to normal

Krist looked at the small tattoos on Bright's right elbow and sat upright, giving Bright enough space for his heartbeat getting back to normal. Krist reached for a piece of chewing gum placed on the table and leaned back against the leather couch. The smaller man was grinning with a pair of eyes full of curiosity, the rain beat against the windowpanes behind him, looking at it, both knew how cold it was outside.