Chapter-3

According to Dev

How can mom do this?

I trusted her and he broke my trust twisted and kept. I was out of the house only for a few days but my mother rented out my room to someone else. In the morning, I see my mother at the breakfast table with her hands tied. My mother, whose name is Kavita Devi, is quietly doing her work.
Sometimes I wonder where Indian mothers get this super power that they can ignore their children even when they see them. Finally admitting defeat I asked.
" How can you do this? How can you give my room to someone else? How do you know with how much love I have nurtured my room?"
My mother looked at me in response. To tell you the truth, there are only my mother's eyes in the whole world which I get scared of looking at. Although I am scared of my father too, his voice alone is enough for me. I agreed, he took a step towards me and said.
" Yes, this is your punishment. Listen to this, if you don't listen to me from now on then what can I do with you."
My mother was threatening me like a mafia don to the poor people. my mother immediately asked, issuing another threat.
"Okay, now tell me are you going to eat food or do you intend to stay hungry today. Just understand that if you don't eat now, you won't get anything throughout the day."
I took a deep breath and calmed myself. How could he win against his mother in the end? I sat down to have breakfast quietly and started thinking about how to get my room back from the girl. After finishing breakfast, my mom went to the hospital because she worked as a nurse there.
Oh sorry, I probably forgot to tell you what my parents do. My father works in a travel agency so you always have to be away, there are only a few days of the week when he is with us. My mother works as a nurse in the hospital here. I am the only son of these two, so I get whatever I asked for, but at the same time, I have to take the punishment for committing a mistake.
Today, after many days, I had to go to college, so I had to go to my room and find out how my mother had arranged all the things in my room. When I went to my room, i.e. the small store room, I held my head.
Today I am realizing that my room is not as small as I thought. This storeroom is much smaller than that.  My clothes were scattered here and there on the small bed and the books were kept on the table there as if someone had taken them out for sale.
I haven't told you how much I love cleaning. I always hear that boys like their room to be messy but I am different because I like cleanliness. I always keep my room neat and clean, everything in its place.
I am very fond of reading horror stories, so there are many horror story books kept in my room which I keep in a row. By a line I mean A to Z. My clothes are kept neatly folded and I also press them myself.
After listening to my introduction, don't think that I have come from March and I am a resident of the Earth. It was supposed to take me at least 48 hours from work to redecorate my room but I didn't have time at the moment because I had to go to college as well.  Thinking this made me angry at Skinny once again.
I didn't even ask him what the girl's name was and what she was doing here because I was so angry. I noticed that some of my books were missing and my boxing gloves was also missing so I went to my room to get it.
I was missing my room a lot so I wanted to go there. When I went to my room, I started crying considering the condition of my room. Skinny had ruined my room. There were clothes scattered everywhere and she was cooking food in my study table.
"Crazy girl why are you turning my study table into a kitchen table?"
After all, how much can a person tolerate? I asked the girl in anger. The girl was chewing something in her mouth. She looked at me and gestured with her hands to remain silent. First she swallowed the food in her mouth and then said.
" I looked but there is no other table here, where will I cook food?"
I went inside the room and saw that there was an electric stove which he had kept above my study table. There were ends on the side which she was boiling.  I apologized to Sharda Devi because for us she is considered the goddess of knowledge.
In our India, Sharda Devi is considered the goddess of knowledge and study table is the table for studies. This rude girl was boiling eggs in the study table.
" Sharda Devi, I did not commit the mistake, it was she who did it. Even though that study table is mine, those eggs are not mine. Whatever punishment you have to give, give it to the girl, not me."
The girl told him, placed the eggs on the bed and took out bread from a mini fridge and looked at me and said.
"Look, I never share my food with anyone but since you are our landlord, I will give you an egg."
I looked at him angrily and said.
" I don't want to eat anything and secondly, don't eat while sitting in bed. I don't like this thing at all."
The girl looked at me and said while peeling the egg.
" It's quite hot here, I think I'll go jogging first."
The girl completely ignored me and went out of the room, leaving him on the bed. I had never felt so much insult before today. I again suppressed my anger and started searching for my stuff.
My eyes fell on my boxing gloves which were buried under the girl's undergarment.  I couldn't understand how to remove it. I looked around me and removed it with the rolling pin kept there and then took my stuff and ran out of the room.
I had decided that I would make him vacate the room by doing anything to the girl. At this time I did not have any idea but I am confident that Om can help me in that.