Chapter 4: Token of Appreciation

Start from the beginning

"What's so great about that?" Jin Ling asked. "This is so sly."

"Huh? Why are you so pissed off Ling-gongzi?" the young girl asked again.

"A'Xing, it's true that if we finish this we have certification but this also means that this lesson is not something that we should take for granted, honestly this is even scarier." Jin Hei replied.

After the introduction, it's time for each student to introduce themselves to everyone and present some token of appreciation to the Head Teacher. First in line was of course the Lanling Jin Clan, led by Jin Ling.

"Jin Ling, Jin Hei and Chao Xing of the Lanling Jin Sect are here to give respect." he vowed. Besides him are Chao Xing on the left side and Jin Hei on the right side. Chao Xing handed the gift to Jin Ling to give to Lan Qiren. "Please accept our token of appreciation," he added. "Lanling Jin wanted to give you this book of poems that was written by Haika, a famous poet who uses her own blood as a medium of writing and topics about her own sentiment and grave. We hope this can be part of your collection in your Book's Pavilion." He explained politely.

Wei Wuxian was amazed, Jin Ling was always like a frowny boy who knew nothing but to complain and had a very short temper but this time he really looked mature and decent.

As an antique and book lover, Lan Qiren smiled in delight to see the token. Chao Xing gave the book to the Lan servants after showing it to Lan Qiren. It is placed in a wooden box with intricate designs and golden corner, the look of it already expressed and showcased the luxury that Jin Clan possessed. "Did you know that your father also gifted me a book when he studied here?" Lan Qiren commented. "You have the same taste in giving gifts, you are really Jin Zixuan's son."

It was the first time that Jin Ling heard about it. He's aware that both Jin Zixuan and Jiang Yanli also attended the Lan Lecture but no one ever told him stories about their experiences thus he has zero knowledge about it.

The twin of the Nie Clan, Nie Zuan and Nie Zixin, came after Jin Ling. They are Nei Huaisang sons and are both 14 years old, the youngest students in the batch. The two are very identical which makes it hard for people to identify who is who. The only visible identification that they have was the mole near their eyes. Nie Zuan has a mole in his right eye while Nie Zixin has his mole on the left part. It is also entertaining that they move and talk in sync. They give Lan Qiren an elixir for meditation and relaxation.

Before they went back to their seats, they asked a question to Lan Qiren "Head Teacher Lan Qiren, can't we really take care of that bird?" they said at the same time.

Lan Qiren sighed "Rule No. 798 Pets are not allowed inside Cloud Recesses." The Nie twins went back to their seats disappointed.

Ouyang Zizhen came forward with Huifen, a young, beautiful lady in a ponytail, also one of the official students.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Head Teacher Lan Qiren, Laoshi Rayu, Laoshi Kin, Zewu-jun, Xiandu and Senior Wei." He greeted one at a time. Ouyang Zizhen is one of the cultivators who joined Jin Ling, Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi before so he act with familiarity towards them. He is the only son of Ouyang Tong, the head of Bailing Ouyang Clan which is a small cultivator clan under the Yunmeng Sect territory, thus Zizhen and Huifen were able to join the lecture under Jiang Cheng's recommendation.

The young juniors knew that Zizhen has a great admiration for Wei Wuxian and he has a bright personality like Jingyi has. He gifted Lan Qiren, Animon, a famous rice cake pastries made of special ingredients that can only be found in Bailing. Everyone knew how good it was when Huifen opened the jar and the smell it emits made everyone in a salivating state.