"She's lovely isn't she?" Charlotte spoke gently. "she is" Tommy replied through a small smile. The Rain unsystematically slashed down, bouncing harshly off the floor. The sudden downpour caught Charlotte by surprise, "Fuck sake" she muttered. A look of amusement took over Tommy's face, as he gently pulled her under shelter, heading towards his car.
The pair stopped dead in their tracks when a gun was raised at Tommy, within a matter of a second he had grabbed her waist, placing her behind him. Instinctively Tommy grabbed the gun, smacking it round the man's head harsh fully before a surge of men jumped out from their respective places, all gunning for Tommy.
Charlotte helplessly watched as they outnumbered him, it was undeniable he was giving them a run for their money, however eventually his efforts remained defeated. She winced as they kicked and kicked him, doing whatever they possibly could to harm him.
"Get the fuck off him!" she bellowed, squinting her eyes as she watched him take yet another hit.
"What the fuck are you doing! Get the fuck off of him!" she repeated, not missing tommy's incoherent mutters that were basically telling her to shut the fuck up.
"You here to save the day, darlin?" a familiar voice caught her attention, before a grimace involuntary followed.
"Sabini" Tommy struggled, displaying the pain he was enduring.
"Don't say my name." he shook his head in disapproval. "Franco, take my name out of his mouth" he ordered, Charlotte frowned before she let out a scream at what they were doing. "Are you fucking crazy?" she bellowed, darting for tommy.
However before she could reach him, a strong force pulled her back by her hair. The girl instantly releasing a hiss of pain. "Get the fuck off me" she reiterated, forcefully elbowing him to release his grip on her hair.
Heading for Tommy once more, she winced as her body was slammed against the wall, taking hit after hit after hit. Tommy squirmed as he attempted to get to his girl,
"Charlotte Stop" he managed to let out, desperate for her to get the fuck out of this situation.
All she did was look up to the man through cold eyes, spitting the blood out her mouth as she did so.
"She's a tough one to crack, this one" he sickly chuckled.
"Well fucking try harder then!" Sabini snapped, wiping the smile off of his face. Within seconds, he had began kicking her with all this might, listening to her attempt to withhold her screams of pain with a smug smile on his face.
Sick Bastard.
"Make her fucking watch!" Sabini ordered, watching as she got dragged over forcefully. Her eyes widening as she watched a gun get raised directly towards tommy.
"Him first." he sinisterly laughed. "No!" she screamed, tears streaming from her eyes, her hair now highlighted with her own blood.
She closed her eyes tightly at the sound that ricocheted throughout the night, rather poetically tuning in with the sound of the rain slashing.
However before she could process anything, she felt the world go quiet, and her surroundings go dark.
Lights out.

Opening her eye's steadily, Charlotte winced at the instant pain that surged throughout her. An instant frown was prominently plastered on her face as she attempted to come to term's with where she really was. "Lottie darling" Polly's voice echoed through the room, as she watched the pure confusion leave charlotte as it was swiftly replaced with concern.
Shooting her eyes open, she attempted to rise from the bed she layed in, however she was unsuccessful,the pain in her ribs overpowering all.
"Where's Tommy?" she blurted out, her voice huskier then usual.
"he's in another room Lottie, he's going to be fine" she reassured her, squeezing her hand in her own.
"How long have you been sat here?" Charlotte questioned, noticing how her eye bags were more prominent then usual. "Practically since you arrived, a couple nights ago" she told her.
"A couple nights ago?" she furrowed her eyebrows deeply. "you've been in and out, your on medication so you most likely won't remember" she smiled lightly towards the girl.
"M'fine pol, please go and get some proper sleep" she ordered, not to happy she had barely been home.
"you have to promise me you won't go and try find lover boy? you need to rest" she spoke half amused. "I won't, now go i'll be fine" she smiled, listening to how her heels descended out of the hallway before ringing the bell rapidly.
"Yes Miss Windsor?" the nurse arrived
"where's Tommy Shelby?" she abruptly questioned. "Miss Windsor you need to rest-."
"where is he?" she added once more,listening to where the nurse directed her.

Wincing in pain, she stumbled towards where Tommy was, her hand placed over her ribs. Opening the door to where Tommy lay, charlotte's mouth dropped subtly at the sight of him. He really was beaten to a pulp. At the sound of presence in his room, his eyes shot open, softening rapidly when they met Charlotte. "Lottie" he spoke gently
"your meant to be resting" he rasped, concern overtaking him when he saw the state of her face.
She had one nasty black eye, a busted lip, bruising down her cheek, bruises and small cuts down her arms. Aswell as three broken ribs, and fuck me were they painful. "Tommy I'm fine, i should be worrying about you" she spoke just above a whisper, gently running a hand down his cheek. "Charlotte"
"Hm?" she responded, confused by the use of her full name.
"i need to go to London." he abruptly voiced. "What?" she whisper shouted, disapproval written all over her.
"i need to go see solomon's" he added, watching as her mind ran.
"Well i can ask Alfie if he'll come down here, Tommy you can't go to London like this" she furrowed her eyebrows, biting her lip in stress.
"i'm a sitting duck in here Lottie" "i'm coming with you." she cut him off.
"no your not you need to rest" he adamantly spoke. "Tommy, i am coming with you" she reiterated.
"Alright." he nodded, watching as even she grew confused at his approval.
"Alright?" she perplexed.
"Will it make you happy?" he questioned, letting charlotte's mind wander to how she didn't want to be anywhere but his side right now.
"Yes."

"Well like i told you,i would choose your happiness over mine every-time."

Well, they're certainly back after all.

-
thank you so much for 100k reads!💓
enjoyyy