CHAPTER -2

"Get ready you guys, I'll be back within and hour and we'll leave." I say and end the call with my mom. I was just out in the mall searching for a real great gift but ended up buying hoodies. I'm really bad it.
Harshit and Siya are getting engaged this evening, and I don't know if we're supposed to give an engagement gift to the couple but it's just complementary from my side as I'm the most happiest person on the planet today. I drift to my house as fast I could and get my stuff ready. I was a bit nervous to be in my own house for a moment thinking that this situation would back fire on me, and I would be the one in the custody being asked about my Marriage. I act super hurried as I put my heels on. My sister is not gonna be there because she has some college work.
"When are you planning to get married?", Yeah it's my Mom. I don't reply. "Lock the door properly, I'll be waiting down the building." I say and head towards the elevator without even bothering to look at my mom and dad. I never openly talked about marriage and relationships and stuff in front of my parents and I act like that's the last thing I would think about, but that's not true.
It's the only thing that bothers me these days, since I've realised that it's getting late. My plans, my dreams feel like vanished away. I always wanted to get married by twenty-five, and now I'm twenty-five, and almost twenty-six by the time Harshit gets married.
I've managed to get a car for the family use and it has been very useful since. Usually my dad drives but I'm not gonna let him drive today. I start the car and wait for my parents to come. The phone started ringing and I picked it just to see that it's a junk call. Honestly I don't get a lot of calls and texts unless it's about the work, because Sid, which is Siddhart is mostly busy with his Music and projects, and Harsh is on duty. I don't really have other friends who I expect would call and text. I hear the door getting unlocked, My mom slides into the car carefully minding her saree. I failed to notice how beautiful she looked, and the saree she's wearing is the one I bought her a few months ago.
Dad knocked on the window of the driver's seat. I gestured into a 'what?' kind of action. He pointed towards the steering wheel. I widened my eyes and shaked my head into 'No'. His expression could say that he's not getting a chance today so he walked to back seat and got inside beside mom.
"Let's go!" I said and sighed.
I kept quiet all the time but could not care to listen to the conversation my dear parents were having in the back seat. We reached and I guided them to the house, and I waited back to park the car. It's the first they are being at Harshit's sweet home.

When I ring the bell and stand by waiting for someone to open the door, I could hear a couple of giggles and laughter from behind. I look over my shoulder to take a glance and also trying not to intervene. "And he's finally gonna get married!" A female voice says from behind. Realising that I've heard that voice before I turn around to see exactly who the people were. "Radhika! Mayur!" I say as I greet them with my hands. "Hello Guys!" I say. "Anisha, when did you started being so beautiful?" Mayur said and his expression was shocking. We must have seen each other after a long time about three to four years and it's obvious for him to be in such a shock because a lot of me has changed. And no matter how many times I wear Indian ethnic wear, everyone has to be shocked for whatsoever reasons that I don't know. The door opens in no time and there's almost no time to stand and chat. We enter the house as Kaki who's Harshit's mother, opens the door with a warm welcome. I greet her with a hug and realised my hands are empty. Shit.
I forgot the gift. I slap my forehead with a disappointment. "What happened?" She asked. "Oh! Nothing to worry about. Let those two come in." I say and make a way for them to enter. All the greeting and stuff was going on while I helped kaki a bit in the kitchen. Harshit hasn't come out since I came, mom said he was the one to open the door for them but he's been in the bedroom for a while now and probably with Mayur. It must be their boys talk. It was still a few minutes more for Siya and her family to arrive. They've planned it to be very minimalist function with lesser than about thirty people. Harshit had told me it's just going to be Siya's family and not a lot of relatives.

***
It's the time to put rings in each other's hand. Everyone in the room looked so joyful and busy dealing with the happiness, I could not help but let tears out. Harshit and I may not be real brother-sister but he's more than that to me. I always wanted him to be happy and he is happy today and winning in his life. The only people I could catch with tears in their eyes were myself and Siya's Mom. She must be really happy for her daughter. Everybody clapped as he slides the ring into her finger. She's already very fair and her yellow skin could show how much she's blushing.
After all the ceremony was over, everybody say in groups to chit chat until the food was ready to serve. There were around twenty people so it was not a big deal to serve everyone at once but still we kids decided to eat later and serve the elders first. Until the elders had their time we had our time in Harsit's bedroom. All the teasing and stuff happened until the conversation turned into the conversation of life. And I felt like not sitting there anymore.
"Let's play a game." I insist without having an idea what game to play, because Truth and dare was going to be back fired on me.
"Hey, no!" Siya say. "Let's just listen to your latest written songs!"
Why I didn't hesitate when I got to know that my idiot brother was going to marry Siya was that she's just like my brother. She kind of not really matches my views sometimes but she understands quite like Harshit.
"Not now." I say in hesitation and act like I'm adjusting my sitting position. "Come on, for me." Harshit says. Now this is a very good way to put me into a a corner.
I sign.
"Just for you, I'll say a few lines."
"Sure!" He says patting my back.
"Yeah we would love to listen." Radhika says.
"Even a few lines is enough." Mayur continues.
"Okay, okay! Sit back!" I command.
"There's a shadow of me speaking from the other side of the wall,
There's a circle for me but that's not all.
I made a mistake, he painted a rainbow with it,
I catered him, but hope left me with no call." I smiled as I finished and expected them to stay silent the way they were.
"That is so beautiful! How do you even do that?" Siya says being supportive.
"No- No that's not a big deal." I am not at all friendly with compliments.
"That was really good, Anisha." Mayur said nodding his head.
"Yeah you guys carry on, I'll go and get some water for me and just see if anybody needs anything, okay?" I say and leave without assurance. It's just what it is and how I am now. I go to the hallway and peep into the living room, everybody was having fun so without interrupting I go to the kitchen to get some water.
"Hey!" Harshit was behind me leaning on a wall with his hands fold.
"You need some water?" I asked. I gulp some water and keep the glass aside and he's still standing with no answer. He steps in and asks, "What's up?"
"I'm more than happy that it's so hard to express." I say and smile so widely.
"And I'm so glad that I have a sister like you beside me." He says as he helds my shoulder.
"But you know I'm always there right?" He continues.
"Obviously!" I say, squinting my eyes and looking happy as ever, "I know. And I would always come to you and only you when I'm in trouble. Okay?" I say as I slap in his stomach with knuckles.
"Now that's better." He said.
"Let's go now." I say and we walk outside the kitchen.
"So how long are you gonna be here?" I ask to divert the conversation.
"13 days." He replies.