Chapter Two

After-school me and Shayla decided to get ready at her house. Shayla asked if she could pick my outfit and I said yes.Shayla smiled because she knew that I wouldn't fight her on that. She was better at make up and better at picking out outfits than I was. I love picking out my outfits, don't get me wrong, it's just, I'm usually too tired to pick out stuff. Shayla is almost always hyper.  It's not a bad thing, but when you have a weird dream sequence about your best friend killing you, I think that's a bit too much. We got ready for the party with Shayla looking good and me looking, okish. “Bella, you look great. Stop saying you look just ok. I can't let my bestie put herself down like that.” “Thanks Shay. Did you read my mind or something? How did you know what I was thinking?” “Your face when you looked in the mirror. You looked like you were going to say something bad about yourself.”  To be honest I always thought that I was the hardest person to read, but I'm not. Shayla’s the hard one to read. She can hide her emotions that she actually feels. I would like to be able to do that. Not let anyone see what I'm really thinking, or have my every emotion on display on my face.

   We get to the party and it's just like any other party me and Shayla go to. Shayla dragging me along with her as she talks to other people. Another sense of deja vu hits me as Shayla leads me to Lilla. She smiles as she sees me and Shayla immediately smiles back. My head starts to pound and memories or sick and twisted dreams come back. Lilla and Shayla standing over my dead body. Lilla, trying to get Shayla to call an ambulance or the police, her trying to save me, Shayla, just saying “Don't worry about it. She's already about to die,” as my eyes close for the last time.

    Lilla and Shayla snap me out of the trance as they try to get me back to Earth. “Bella, are you okay?,” Lilla asked. “Yeah I'll be fine. Just must have been a bad headache.” I don't want to lie to Lilla or Shayla, but something in my gut is screaming don't trust Shayla. And since Lilla is now someone who maybe dating or likes Shayla, how am I supposed to trust her?