13) Jealousy, Jealousy

Start from the beginning

"Are you guys going to say anything?" Connor asked.

"Oh, uh, there's not much to say," Brady chuckled nervously.

"Why don't you start off by where you went? And don't think you're off the hook, Walker. The second we arrived here, you've been acting non-stop weird," Connor announced.

"I'm not being weird!" I say defensively.

"Okay, well you just proved my point," Connor rolls his eyes.

"I was just talking to Y/n. Calm down. What, do you like her?" Brady teased Connor, making him go red.

"I don't like her, stop!" Connor immediately snapped back.

"You like her!" Connor added, trying to get back at Brady.

I can't blame them if they both did like her, but I couldn't help but feel so jealous. Well, I certainly felt ashamed for using that word, but there was no other way of putting how I felt. Aryan looked over at me and Charlie stayed silent, after all, they knew that I was probably at war with that ridiculous idea. Brady and Y/n, absolutely not? Every time I saw them together, I felt a tinge of jealousy in my gut. He doesn't deserve her.

She's everything I want. She's beautiful, thoughtful, understanding, gorgeous, and so much more.

"Okay, okay, calm down. I can feel the tension in this room right now. Why don't we split up for a second? Get a breath, and then we can talk about this again," Aryan suggested.

"Yeah, whatever," I said, walking out of my room, Aryan following me. I might've just lost my sanity if it weren't for him. I crossed my arms, avoiding eye contact with Aryan as he walked out with me. "Look," Aryan continues, "what do I do?" I say, finally looking up at him. "I don't know if they both actually like her, but you better ask her out before one of those idiots does," Aryan said truthfully, whispering. I knew I should've listened, but it was really embarrassing. "I can't. How many times do I have to repeat this?" I whisper. He sighs, "Okay, do whatever you want, but you can't be angry if one of them ends up with her." He says before returning back.

I didn't follow him and went to Leena's room instead. I know he's looking out for me, but every time he reminds me that if I don't ask her, she'll find someone else, it makes me livid. "You're back? I thought you said my room smelled like a perfume store," Leena jokes. "Yeah, well, it's not that bad," I say, sitting down on her bed next to Momona. "No offense, Walker, but you're either sad or angry whenever I see you. What is up with you?" Momona asked. "What? No, I'm not," I say, hiding my anger, but the more I spoke, the more it started to rise. "Well, you don't seem too happy," Y/n added. "Well, you don't know me!" I accidentally snap at her. "Sorry, I didn't mean that," I apologize. What is wrong with me?

"No, no, it's okay," she says softly while looking at me, concerned.

"Walker, pull yourself together. Don't be a baby," Leena said seriously.

"Leena, shut up. I'm not," I reply.

"Well then, learn to control your emotions. You can't storm out and walk away the second you face a little problem. That's why you're in here, isn't it?" She rephrased her sentence.

Which was true, hate to admit but I don't do that all the time. "At least he's not lying about how he feels," Xochitl defends me. My expression changed when I turned to her; she was talking about herself, wasn't she? Does she really fake when she's happy? Leena even stopped doing Dior's nails to look at Xochitl, her gaze softening. "What?" Xochitl said. "Okay, I'm leaving now. I'm getting uncomfortable," I say, nervously laughing a bit as I walk out of her room and return back to mine. Thankfully, after a while, things returned back to normal, at least I thought so. Brady kept going back to Leena's room, and it was pissing me off. I mean, this was supposed to be me and my friends, not my friends and Leena's friends. Except for Y/n...

Oh and Dior.

"Isn't it? Isn't it? Isn't it? Isn't it? Isn't it? Isn't it? Isn't it? Isn't it delicate?"

Y/n's p.o.v: 
Things were going smoothly; we were making good conversation when Brady abruptly walked into the room, completely ignoring Xoch's questions and rolling his eyes at her. Wow, a little harsh? "Y/n, can I uh talk to you for a second?" he asks. "Sure..?" I reply, puzzled, but we move to a corner in Leena's room. Since her room was spacious, we could talk privately. "Xochitl, uh..." he stammers, and I prompt him to continue. "What about her?" I ask, even more curious. "I really like her and I don't know if she feels the same. So, I was thinking... could you try to make her jealous? With me? Just to see if she likes me back?" He's clearly embarrassed. I smile, "Sure, I'll help you out." I respond, and he thanks me with a relieved smile. He then grabs my hand, and now we're both walking back to the group. It took me aback, but I went along with it. His hand in mine felt weird, really forced, and I felt the awkwardness between us.

Soon we talked for a while, and Brady and I spoke a lot to each other; he 'flirted' with me and obviously Xochitl seemed a little upset, but he was really oblivious. I thought it was enough. I didn't want to be a bad friend to her; she was really nice too. That's when Walker opened the door and came in. "Brady? Why'd you randomly leave? I mean, when did you leave because no one even noticed you slipping out of the room," Walker said, tense with a hint of annoyance in his voice. Brady didn't respond and just waved goodbye to me and left with Walker. Wait... Could Brady's act be inadvertently working in my favor too? Is Walker jealous? No... right? He's jealous, or he's still upset with Leena after that whole argument. I don't have the energy to find out at this point anymore.

As the evening progressed, everyone went downstairs, where Leena had laid out a bunch of drinks and food on the dining table. This totally felt like a party to me. When I went downstairs, I immediately approached Brady. "Brady, is it working or not?" I whispered in his ear. "Bro, I don't know... what do you think? It doesn't seem like she's jealous," he whispered back, leaning in so close I could feel his breath on me, which made me uncomfortably tingle throughout my body. I glare at him, "Brady, she looks more pissed than jealous now, to me," I admit. "You think? I'm going to talk to her," he decided. "Okay, go!" I say, giving him a light shove. Finally. Was it really that hard? He could've just been upfront and used his words from the beginning. This time I decided to sit out his drama. I think I've been involved enough, and as much as I hate to say it, I definitely was the reason I got myself into such a mess. I can be nosy sometimes, but I can't help it. People's lives are really interesting to me. I sat alone at a table and just went through my phone again. I was startled a bit when I felt someone tap my shoulder. "Oh shit-" I said, jumping a little while laughing. "Sorry, you startled me," I continue, pausing mid-sentence as I see Walker standing there, his right hand holding his left. "Can we, uh, talk?" he suggested. I swallow hard. Oh no, what did I do now? "Sure..." I say, even though part of me is anything but sure. What's with people wanting to talk to me in private? First Leena, then Brady... now Walker? What the actual hell? Am I cursed or something? Did someone put a hex on me? And why do I feel so nervous about what Walker has to say?

"You should take it as a compliment
That I'm talkin' to everyone here but you"
-Gorgeous

A/n

Cliffhanger!! I really want to update more but school is taking all my time rn so sorry this is short <33 as always thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed and have a nice day/night!! <3