------

saturday meant FP3 ,which landed her in another P6, and quali which had her stressed, so when she heard a knock on her door she expected tania to tell her she had to go prepare for Q1 even though it was another 30 minutes for that and instead came across logan sergeant and oscar piastri. the three had made a really close friendship through their time at prema and was also the reason why logan was holding out a small ice cream cone out for the girl to have while they took a couple licks out of theirs. their pre race ritual that helped them relax.

"you didn't think we would keep it up?" asked logan with a smile as he saw the girl's eyes light up with excitement like they always did.

"honestly, yeah. thought you would feel too grown up to do this with me." the girl muttered avoiding eye contact.

"that's not happening, tali. you're our friend and it helps us too." oscar began. '"you know what? let's make a pact. as long as we're in f1 together, we'll rotate in whose room we'll do it. next race mine, and the one after logan's and so on." he said looking at the other two drivers in the room.

"i'm in." logan and tali said at once making all of them laugh, sitting down around tali's room which was way smaller than others since mercedes had the campers for the drivers to rest in.

------

after their ice cream ritual, tali came out of her room more relaxed and ready to classify as high as she could. passing Q1 was relatively easy. Q2 was a bit tougher but she made it through as well. as she waited for her chance to go out and to her flying lap she heard her radio and instead of her engineer she heard toto's voice.

"good job so far. great qualifying session. just push the way you always do. good luck." his encouragement did the trick.

as she was given the green light to leave the garage she gave herself enough momentum during her out lap to begin her final lap of the day with enough speed for the first sector, marking a purple sector 1 and a green sector 2 with a final purple sector giving her a provisional pole as she saw on the screens, also seeing how other drivers were on their way to finishing their laps. and as she returned to the garage, before she could even ask she was congratulated for an excellent P6 that she would later on find out was ahead of her teammate who classified P7.

getting out of the car she couldn't hold her excitement and gave a series of hops which looked hilarious with the massive helmet she wore looking in all directions for tania who was standing nearby cheering her on with the rest of the team. once she spotted her she went and hugged her.

maybe she wasn't starting in the first row but she was definitely proud of making it through the entire session as a rookie and during race one. as she pulled away from tania she removed her helmet and balaclava which revealed a messy and frizzy hair that she refused to braid since 2014 since jules wasn't able to do it for her anymore and wouldn't let anyone else do so, making her settle for tucking her hair inside the fireproofs instead which worked fine. what brought more attention than her hair was her smile. her smile as she received claps on the back and congratulations from the crew.

day 2 was successful in her and her team's eyes. looking around she made eye contact with lewis who mouthed her a happy 'i'm proud of you' to what she mouthed back a 'thanks' with an equally happy smile. her eyes didn't stop there. she kept looking around until she found the eyes she wasn't aware she was looking for and she saw him. next to his father laying against the table in front of him standing next to his father's chair staring right back at her clapping in her direction, a small smile on his face, enhancing her own before being dragged by the team towards the rest of the crew finishing saturday on a high note.

nini speaks!

hi. (in an ashamed tone)

am i back? idk. 

i would love to because i really love this plot but college is coming and i'm terrified, maybe i'll use writing as an outlet. I can't promise to try and update relatively soon but i can promise i wil someday finish this story.

don't forget to vote and comment!

let me know what you think...

love, nini