𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯〔 𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘳 〕

Start from the beginning

"Exactly" I shrug, leaning back in my seat.

"Pogue shit" Kiara snorts and I lift my sunglasses to wink at her.

"Go on, princess" I encourage the blonde girl, recovering my eyes from the bright sunlight.

"When I went back to Tannyhill Rafe was on the phone with Ward, and he just kept saying 'My thing, this is my thing'" Sarah starts and I nod in understanding "He had to be talking about the cross"

"Absolutely" Pope agrees.

"Sounds about right" I add as I sip my drink.

"And he's coming into Wilmington tonight at eight o'clock. It's being shipped by train
to Raleigh from there, but this is our chance to get it back" Sarah tells us with a determination that makes me smile.

"You get any other information?" Pope asks curiously

"Uh, Sarah got the cargo number" Kiara answers, lifting up a slip of paper with the number on it.

"Okay, well, that's a start" Pope hums.

"Yeah" Kiara nods.

"They're definitely fencing that shit off as we speak" JJ speaks up "So we should probably get a move on"

"Any word from John B?" I wonder aloud, glancing at Sarah.

"No, I mean, he's probably off somewhere with his dad" Sarah answers with a shake of her head "But the problem is they have the Twinkie"

"Our transportation" Pope realises.

"Um..." Sarah tries to think of an alternative.

"I'd offer up the car Rafe is letting me use, but honestly I think it's got a tracker on it" I say as I swirl around the extra ice left in my cup.

"What makes you say that?" Kiara questions and I look up from the cup to see that they're all looking at me in concern.

"He text me last night asking why I was still at the chateau" I explain, placing the cup down on the ground "But I didn't tell him I was here"

"Psycho" Sarah mutters.

"You can say that again" JJ huffs out.

I shake my head with a smile, not objecting to their comments but also not agreeing with them because I know deep down that tracking me is Rafe's way of making sure I'm okay. In his sick brain, the act of watching my every move like a stalker is just him keeping me safe and my sick brain thinks that's really sweet of him.

"I could ask Heyward for the truck" Pope suggests and we all look at him in surprise.

"Uh, what?" JJ scoffs at his boyfriend "Yeah, that's gonna go well"

"I know, but we have no other options" Pope shrugs in response.

"I'll have to convince my parents to let me go" Kiara sighs heavily and I pat her shoulder sympathetically.

"You want company?" I offer and she nods with a small smile.

☼ ☼ ☼