Genya just about fainted, his face was extremely red and he fixed his posture. He gave me a swift nod of his head and speed-walked away. I shrugged my shoulders and entered the estate, making my way to the garden where I knew Sanemi would be training.

I found him striking a wooden dummy over and over again, a determined look etched onto his face. I walked up behind him and tapped his shoulder. Without a second to look at me he grabbed my arm and flipped me over onto the dirt. He had my arms pinned beneath him, his face inches from my own.

"Who the fuck is interrupting my-"

He paused, glancing down at my face while I smiled up at him. He quickly got off of me and showered me with apologies while I sat up and crawled into his lap. He hugged me gently and peppered my face with kisses. I giggled at the mood change.

"I'm sure glad you miss me Nemi-kun."

"I swear I didn't know it was you." He answered, I laughed at his response and hugged him tightly. We stayed like that for a minute before he pulled away harshly and stood up, dragging me along with him.

"We have to get you checked out,"

I pulled back on my arm, causing him to stop walking and I shook my head.

"Nemi.. I've been back for like a week now." His face became angry and he looked away from me. "Did.. no one tell you?

"Those god damn bastards."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I told Sanemi everything that had happened. A long time ago Genya had told me a similar story about his family, which made me anxious to tell my boyfriend, but he needed to know what was going on.

"Fuck." He whispered. My head was cradled against his chest while he held onto me tightly. "I'm so sorry Y/N."

"It's okay." I answered, moving my head up to look at him. I shifted my gaze from his eyes and he placed a hand on my cheek.

"What else do you need to tell me."

I sighed and smiled to him, violet meeting E/C.

"I can never hide anything, can I?"

"You're a terrible liar." He told me.

"Well, I saw your brother."

He stiffened under me and shifted his body. I knew he had a soft spot for me, but that didn't mean he would be okay with me talking about Genya. It was a sore subject.

"I don't have a brother." He unwrapped his arms from me and I sat up.

"Sanemi.." I began, "He really loves you, and he is trying his hardest to get you to notice him."

"I don't care." He spat, wild eyes darting around the room, "I told that idiot to stay far away from me."

My eyes softened and I placed a gentle hand onto Sanemi's head, brushing my fingers through his soft locks.

"I understand your frustration Sanemi-kun."

I brought my hand back to my side and stood up, beginning to walk away from him.

"But that doesn't mean that Genya deserves to be treated this way."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"Y/N-chan, do you think I'll be as strong as you someday?" Genya asked me while swinging his wooden sword above his head. I nodded my head and shot him a smile.

"Of course you will be!" I answered. "You'll become even stronger than me!"

"Then maybe Nemi will make me his tsugoku just like you!"

I frowned at this. For as long as I've known the man, he has denied the existence of his younger brother. The only reason I knew of him was because I saved him from a demon near his home while Sanemi was on a mission far away. He had instructed me to guard over a certain village, which made me curious.

"Genya-kun." I said, straightening my posture and walking over to the shorter boy. "I want you to get stronger for yourself. I want you to get stronger so you can protect yourself and those you love. Please don't focus your goals on Sanemi noticing you, you're worth more than what ifs and maybes."

"But.." Genya had a frown on his face now as his eyes stared at me, tears brimming them, "My Nemi is the nicest person around, I have to get stronger so he'll talk to me and I can apologize."

My heart sank and I walked over to him, placing a hand on his cheek.

"Apologize for what?"

"I was so angry, I refused to admit that our mother had turned into a demon, so when Nemi saved me.." He started to shake and I pulled him into a hug, patting his head while he told me, "I called him a murderer."

"Genya, you have to understand, the reason Sanemi doesn't want you to be a demon slayer isn't because he thinks you're weak; far from it, he just wants you to live a normal life, he wants you to stay far away from the existence of demons, the pain and the heartache. He truly cares for you Genya-kun, he loves you."

"Thank you, Y/N-chan." He said while sniffling. He wiped his tears and pulled away from me, focusing back on training, "But I need to hear him say that himself."

─────•~Taisho Era Secrets~•─────

【Genya is jealous of his brother for being with Y/N】

【Sanemi went to the butterfly estate with plans of beating up anyone who knew Y/N was back and didn't tell him】

【Gyomei heard all about how Y/N taught Genya some fighting before final selection】

【Muichiro has been following Y/N ever since her initial arrival to the butterfly estate】

─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────