𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

I raise my head up to do a quick glance to the classroom. It has a whiteboard in front of which there are two rows each with six benches, so big that each bench can be occupied by 4 students. Whole classroom is painted in white with blue detailing. Just right after I introduce myself and I thought now my awkwardness would fade, God had a better plan. I accidentally drop my bottle on the floor! & Shaad, sitting alongside of me picks it up for me & this time I looks at him. 

He gives me the bottle & I thank him but in reply he just smiles & I don't know how but that smile is calming enough that it replaced the word 'you're welcome' so easily. Lecture lasts for 2 hours and then everyone starts walking out of the classroom. Only Shaad is left with me behind as we were both on the last bench, so, we both come out together, and again while leaving for home he gives me 'that smile'. This time I smiles back & walk towards home.

Walking back to home I texts Komal on my way.

ME: Done with the first day!

KOMAL: What did they teach today? something important that I missed...you're going to teach me anyway.

ME: Nothing that important they just wasted almost an hour into introduction of students & another hour with introduction to the topic.

KOMAL: Did you talked to anyone or maybe made new classmate as friend...

ME: NOPE! I don't make friends it's just you I have no idea how, happened to me. When are you coming back here?

KOMAL: Later this week...probably...

ME: Come soon or else you will miss so much on studies. Talk to you later its Ashfaque calling me.

*Accepts the call*

"Hey" I greeted him.
"Where are you?' he asks.
"Heading home. why'd you asked?" I ask back.
"So now I can't even ask a question to you?" he sounds frustrated. 
"It's not like that, I thought you were nearby, maybe you'd surprise me on my way we live in opposite buildings so maybe you might have thought to drop me ho-...."I didn't even finish my sentence as he interrupts.
"Okay stop with the excuses already, will you?" & disconnects the call before I could say anything. I try to call him again and again and again, but he keeps on declining my calls. I reach home and after getting freshen up I texts him:

ME: I am sorry.

I said sorry for what? but I just did to let his ego win Afterall & even though I am getting nothing from him, I am with him as I don't believe in breaking relations. I have grown up in between broken relations so I value people, love, emotions and every human feeling more than anyone ever could.

A Week Later

Going to the class today will be worth it, Komal is back! Now people in my class will see a side of me they'd never thought existed. I even reach early to the class today that's how desperately I am waiting for her, also my class is right in front of my college, so I just comes out of my college & enters in the class.
There she comes, all sunshiny, giving me a jaw breaking smile with weirdest expressions. She comes and sits on my bench by my side, and this is the moment everyone knew she is my friend as I didn't allow anyone to sit with me in so many days. We greet each other,
"Why is everyone looking at me like that?" she asks nervously.
"Because they thought I am a Hitler just because I didn't allow anyone to sit with me on my bench by my side, I kept this place for you" I say.
As we are talking a new guy entered, Aftaab, he is my classmate in college & now I am uncomfortable of the fact that this guy will literally know everything I do in college & in here what if he makes fun of it? but then I look at Komal my Saviour & say fuck it I don't care she will handle anyone who do wrong to me. Yeah, she is my Armour.
When the lecture ends, the teacher asks us if we are making notes or not & guess what, me being a super intelligent girl didn't think of making notes. Pun Intended. Now the teacher wants me to make notes from the start. From the start? I don't even remember that teachers name how am I supposed to remember what he taught from the start?

I planning on taking notes from somebody in the class but how? I didn't talk to anyone, never look at anyone, not at least smile at anyone, from whom I should ask notes from? Shaad is sitting on my side bench & he has written everything in his book & he is the only one I have ever smiled at in this whole classroom.
Okay Muskan! Not a big task it is. You just have to ask him for notes that's it. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘦𝘴? Just ask already.
"Excuse me.... can you please give me your notebook for taking notes or just photos of your notes...." I ask awkwardly.
"Sure. But there's a few things left to write in here once I finish it, I'll WhatsApp it to you is that okay?" he asked calmly.
"Yeah, that's okay. You have my number?" I asked.
"I'll get it from the classes group don't worry" he assured.
"Thankyou" but again he didn't reply instead again gave me 'that smile'. And we all left for home.

Now that I've reach home all my productivity is gone it's like I leave my brain out at my doorstep every time I enter my home. I message my boyfriend:

ME: Komal is back & I had a good day. Guess I made a new friend as well. 

 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘢𝘥!

ASHFAQUE: Good for you! at least someone made you a friend. I'll talk to you later I am busy. Goodbye.

I didn't reply to this text what I am I supposed to say next? let me just switch off my data & sleep. *Message bling*

SHAAD: Hi. It's me Shaad. Here are the notes. (Photos attached)

ME: Thank you so much & sorry for any inconvenience.

SHAAD: No worries & please don't be so formal you can text me anytime you need help & so will I, that's what classmates are for isn't it?

ME: Yeah right. Thankyou once again.

Now I am comfortable with him. I can ask him anything now. Sitting in the classes I am wondering what would happen if the fan fell on my head etc. just when Shaad and Aftaab comes & sits on the bench behind me. Aftaab knows about ashfaque OfCourse as we study in same college same classroom in fact, I guess he told Shaad about it & now he is cracking up ashfaque's name in his every pun. I don't know but this is kind of embarrassing for me because people automatically assume that oh, she is a relationship she might be so happy but in reality, it's something she is suffering from. I didn't stop Shaad from his jokes right there but when I reach home I text him.

ME: Hey...we need to talk.

SHAAD: Are you upset about whatever I said in the class today. I am sorry I realized I was off limits.

ME: It's okay. It's just that I don't prefer talking about him or to hear about him from anyone. I hope you understand that I am not asking you to be all distant from me do not talk to me or anything. You can talk to me about anything, you can call me anything, joke about anything with me, but leave 'his' topic please......i am sorry if I've said a lot but yeah that's all I wanted to talk about...

SHAAD: Okay okay...chill I got it! No 'his' topic from now on, okay? Calm down already I never knew you are such a talker. (laughing emojis)

ME: (Nervous emoji) I am the biggest talker you would ever meet I just don't prefer talking to everyone....

SHAAD: So, your inner talker chose to talk to me? I might be special then. 

 𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘦𝘹𝘵

ME: Yes!