I roll over and kick the man with my feet and it makes him stumble but doesn't fall. I take that time to stand but he comes at me again.

"HELP!" I scream, but I earn a punch to the jaw- that's going to leave a big dark bruise.

I throw a punch but it's caught, I look up and from the glow of the outside light I see his face. Everything inside me crumbles, and I feel like I'm dying.

I can't scream for Tobias, I can't call for Tobias's help. Because the man is Tobias.

"Tobias." I whisper and really it's in shock. He grunts and knees me in the stomach. I've gone through something similar to this before, maybe I can bring him out of this again.

"Tobias stop! It's me!" I yell throwing a punch to the throat, making him choke and stumble.

His face shows anger and determination. Determination to hurt me- maybe kill me.

"Four stop!" I yell. He grabs my wrist and twists, I yelp I pain. My eyes are shut tight as if I can seal off the pain, but I'm able to kick him where it counts and that makes him drop and let go of me.

I run but am taken down in a rain of glass. I can't move for a moment, the glass in my back prevents me.

I hear him grunt though, his voice low and not him. Hearing him gives me the little bit of power I need to flip on to my back which in hindsight was a big mistake, because glass stuck in my back sinks further.

Tobias runs over and hovers above me, his eyes not his own. These full of hate and anger, and may I say evil. I close my eyes and face the fact that I'm not going to beat him. I'm going to die by the hand of my fiancée.

"I love you Tobias." I whisper, and everything stops. Everything Is quiet, and it feels like time stopped. But I open my eyes to see that time is still going on, and Tobias is still on top of me. But something has indeed changed, and it's right in front of me.

There's a single tear, sparking in the little light in the apartment. It rolls down Tobias's cheek and stains a path. I lift my hand that is smeared in my own blood, and wipe away that tear. He opens his closed eyes and he's back. I can see it, I know.

"Tris..." He whispers almost unable to be heard.

"Tris." He says again, a little louder.

"Tris." He says and this time it comes out as a cry.

"I'm here. I'm fine." I tell him and he sits me up carefully.

"God." I hear him mumble looking at my injuries.

He picks me up carefully bridal style and leads me to the bathroom. He sets me on the ground and strips me of my shirt and pants. I'm not blushing, but smiling at how careful and loving he's being.

I can feel him washing my cuts and soaking up the blood dripping from so many places. "Tris, I'm sorry." I hear him tell me finally after a silence.

"It wasn't your fault, I know it wasn't." I say, but still wonder what happened.

"Do you know what happened?" I ask. "On the train, I went to look out the door, and I felt this prick. Then all was different. " He says and it sounds like some simulation or serum placed into him.

"I can't believe I did this to you." Tobias whispers, as he mends the cuts on my arm.

"Look at me." I say and he does, "It wasn't you okay. I'm fine and it wasn't your fault." I say to him.

"I still hurt you." "I'm like him." He adds saying the last part so quietly I almost don't hear.

"You are not." I say sternly and he looks at me, drawn to the seriousness in my voice. "I--"

"No. I don't want to hear it. You are not like him, don't even compare yourself to him Tobias. " I say and he nods. "I mean it." I add.

He finishes and we walk to the bedroom. "How did you get out of it?" I ask.

He sighs, "I heard this voice, yours. The love for me falling from your words, it made me see you. I saw your face, and your eyes. And I knew that it wasn't me, that I loved you and I didn't want to hurt you." Tobias tell me. I eyes tear up a bit just like his do.

"I really am sorry." He says, "I know you are." I say. Tobias looks to me and smiles.

"I love you." Tobias tells me and that 's the difference. He's not like Marcus because he apologizes, he's able to see when he's done wrong. He's able to love.

I don't reply, just kiss his lips hard. Our mouths moving in sync, full of love and forgiveness.

"I love you too." I say and that night we showed it.