Chapter 2: Please Let This Be a Normal Field Trip

It took some friendly nagging from Taylor and tough love from her best friend and guitarist Nora for Danica to finally be convinced to go to Savannah.

"Please Ty! I left mine at home," Taylor desperately pleaded with her brother for a sip from his water bottle as the class waited for the buses to start loading.

"No!" It was probably the fourth time he said it at this point. There was no way he was giving in.

When they got on the bus, Danica reached across the aisle to hand Taylor her water. On her own free will, she was the only one in the group sitting alone. It's all good, I want to have some leg room, she had told Logan when he realized he had left her by herself.

"Ugh, you are an absolute angel Danica Evans," Taylor said before immediately taking a sip of her water. She proceeded to side eye her brother, "Unlike someone I know."

Tyler crossed his arms with a huff as he pressed his back against the seat. She could hear him mutter under his breath, "Maybe I just don't want your germy mouth on my bottle."

In the blink of an eye, the twins were arguing back and forth in their seat. Behind them, Ashlyn had practically pressed herself flat against the wall in an attempt to keep the largest amount of space between her and Aiden as she possibly could. Danica wasn't sure why exactly she agreed to sitting with him in the first place, but hey, that wasn't her problem.

Mr. Walter gave a quick rundown at the front of the bus. It would take eight hours to get to Savannah, Georgia. They'd stop about halfway there to get lunch, and once they got there they were basically free to do whatever they wanted to for two hours.

Danica put in her earbuds and sprawled out in the seat to the best of her ability. She spent the first few minutes mindlessly scrolling through social media when she felt a tap.

When she looked up, Aiden was holding out his backpack towards her. It was filled to the brim with all sorts of hand held puzzles. She spotted at least fifteen rubix cubes alone, "You can borrow one to pass the time if ya want."

She raised a brow at the boy, but still made a conscious decision to grab one of those marble mazes she used to play with as a kid from his bag.

"Thanks," she said, although still confused, "Any reason you have so many of those?"

Aiden grinned and shrugged, "I just get bored I guess."

No kidding, she thought to herself.

It took thirty minutes longer than expected to get to Savannah, the only thing making it bearable being the blond's plethora of puzzles. She'd have to thank him for that later.

When they got off the bus, they gathered into their groups. After eight hours, it was no shock that they were all a little tense, but it took Danica by surprise a bit when Ashlyn somehow cracked every bone in her body. She saw everyone but Aiden physically cringe when they heard the sound, although Logan looked more concerned than anything.

"Hey Ash, you coming?" Aiden called behind them as the group began walking towards the main streets of Savannah. Danica heard Ashlyn mutter something under her breath.

She couldn't lie, there was something off about the place. When she saw pictures online, the area looked so lively and vibrant, but in real life? It was sort of...grey.