The Beginning

The Beginning
Memories
Jacob Eilander POV:

It was a normal day at work, every day is the same... chop the lumber, sell it, and earn money that's only enough for food and rent. I missed my home. My paradise was filled with laughter and joy... My father never wanted to participate in anything, my brother was selfish but my mother always tried her best to make us happy. She was the best thing that could have happened to our family.

I launched myself on my bicycle and rode home, waiting to be greeted by my pet bird Harvey.. he was the only one I could talk to when I felt alone. I opened my door making a creaking noise, expecting Harvey to start tweeting at me like a madman. He was quiet... I got scared of what might've happened to him, but when I approached him he appeared to be holding a letter. "Heyyyy Harvey, can I have the letter that is in your beak please?" I tried giving the most sympathetic response to him, and after yelling at me for an hour he finally gave me the letter. I picked it up in one swift move from the top of the birdcage... It was from my home. My Paradise.

*My Dear Son Jackob,

I am sorry to inform you that your mother has passed away due to unknown circumstances. Please return to Paradise.. we need you here.

Your Father*

What happened? What happened to Mother? She was lively and happy... what could've happened to her...?