Chapter 1:Bus schedules are for Idiots!

"Oh, done already?" Rai looked up from their phone to stare at their two friends standing before them. "I thought you'd take longer to finish, to be honest."

"Heh, that's what she said," Atticus snickered, raising an eyebrow like the dirty-minded freak he was.

"...okay," Rai pursed her lips, annoyed at themself for not expecting this response from the male. 'I should have known better.' Rai's eyes drifted towards the shorter female, who stupid in place beside Atticus, fidgeting slightly. "Moving on, how was the movie?"

"Uhm...I'm pretty sure I caught 2 guys kissing in that movie." Atticus explained, "My eyes might be deceiving me though..."

"When are your eyes NOT deceiving you?" Connie rolled her eyes, folding her arms across her chest. Her tone was sarcastic and flat, her mouth stretching into a mocking smirk.

"Uh...Good question..." Atticus replied, nodding, as if not noticing the hint of sarcasm.

"What did you watch again? The Shining, or something?" Rai asked, pocketing their phone as they stood up.

"I would be lying if I said I remember. It's a tie between Mean Girls and IT, though they are basically the same thing. In the end, they're both about a bunch of clowns, amirite?" Atticus chuckled, arriving as if he was in some sort of 'treat me like white tees, don't get me dirty...' edit. 

"Right, sure," Rai responded, unsure of whether the male was being serious or not. Rai wouldn't be surprised if he were, though.

Turning to face both of their friends, Rai pointed towards the mall exit behind them. "Let's get going. The mall's going to close soon. Most of the people hers have already left, and the shops ads starting to close down. I don't know why you two thought it would be a good idea to watch a movie at 9pm, but we've got to go."

"Wow, I TOTALLY didn't think about leaving. In fact, I ACTUALLY WANT to stay at this "lovely" mall." Connie snapped back, her repetitive sarcasm creeping into her face as she frowned slightly.

"Watch it." Rai muttered, their biting retort cutting the girl's reply. Their expression which they fought to keep blank, was cold. "I had to leave my weekend shift early to pick you two knuckle-heads up. I can't believe you didn't even look up the bus schedules before going on this impromptu hangout. It's common knowledge that the lines close after 9:45 on the weekends!"

"It's not our fault the busses are closed!" Connie huffed, brows furrowed.

"All of this could have been avoided if you took five minutes to look up the bus schedules, Connie..."

"Bus schedules are for idiots."

"Then I guess those idiots are doing better than you, because they're not the ones stuck here," Rai shot back, crossing their arms. 'When would Connie realize that Rai's two jobs were what was keeping them afloat?'

"Well, we have arms and legs, don't we? We can just open the door and walk out of here!" Connie pointed out, gesturing to the doors.

"Nah..I've never thought of that before." Said Atticus, shrugging in a sad a sting tone and movement. "I'm just kidding you. C'mon, this place gets creepier the more we stay."