"I'd love to."

"So Mr. Mikaelson, what brings you to our home?" Bonnie asked. She wished she said it before Elijah promised to go to Amour's show. No one but her and Grams had ever been.

"I thought it was time to share my plan. Some witch associates of mine have arrived. They will be protecting Miss Gilbert until my brother arrives. We will use her as bait to kill him." Bonnie and Amour both seemed to be uncomfortable with his words.

"Your brother?" Amour asked in a soft broken voice.

"I know it may seem cruel but first I must explain our past. What has led me to the only decision I can make," Elijah said. He went on to tell the story of a large Viking family in the New World. He spoke of his mother's infidelity, losing his eldest sister, then finally his youngest brother which ended in a new beginning. The creation of vampires and the curse to keep his mother's secrets.

"This is a lot." Bonnie finally was able to get out after they spent a couple minutes in silence. She looked at the clock on the mantle. "I lost track of time. Elijah, would you like to stay for dinner?"

"No, that's alright. I will be on my way. I must ask, does my story change your opinion of myself or this alliance?"

"No. I still believe you are the best option to protect us. That's all that matters." He nodded then stood and refastened his suit jacket. Bonnie went into the kitchen and Amour followed Elijah out onto the porch.

"I still don't get it. Why would you want to kill your little brother?" she asked. She'd cried more than once during his story.

"It is an adult matter," he told her.

"I'm about to graduate high school. I'm quite intelligent. And regardless of age, please, I just want to understand."

"He killed our entire family."

"But I thought you couldn't die?"

"It is a death of sorts. Of pure suffering. And only we can suffer it. Never Niklaus."

"And you can't save them? Why can't we help you with that?" she asked excitedly. Like she'd seen a solution he hadn't. He chuckled softly at her.

"I'm afraid it's a bit harder than that, Persephone."

"Amour," she corrected him.

"You should be proud of your name. It is quite different from your ancestors. Emily, Sheila, Abigail, even Bonnie. But I know your ancestor Ayana would've loved it." he told her, she believed to change the subject and she mentioned that to him. "We must discuss your ancestors another time. I must be going. Stay safe, Miss Bennett."

That night, Amour had a dream of a shanty home clearly built at least hundreds of years ago. A young boy in decently made clothes stood over a table of herbs with an older woman, she was dark skinned. He mixed the potion and there was a burst of smoke. "Whoa, why am I here?" Amour asked aloud but no one seemed to hear her.

"Ayana, it worked!" the boy said proudly.

"It did!" she smiled encouragingly at him. "I told you the craft will take practice and patience."

"Father doesn't let me practice. He thinks witchcraft is a woman's work." The brown haired boy seemed quite disappointed at the thought.

"I am quite aware of your father's words. Do not listen to him. He is godless. Just a brute." Ayana seemed to look at the boy with such maternal affection. They moved to sit down on the bed in the home.

"Will you tell me another myth?"

"Which one would you like to hear? Or perhaps I will tell you a new one?" she offered.