4 - Hippogriff Hims

Start from the beginning

"Now, firs' thing yeh gotta know abou' hippogriffs are. Don't never insult one, 'cause it might be the last thing yeh do." The Slytherins from before weren't listening and instead gossiping like little girls. "Yeh always wait fer the hippogriff ter make the firs' move," Hagrid continued. "It's polite, see? Yeh walk toward him, and yeh bow, an' wait. If he bows back, yeh're allowed ter touch him. If he dosen' bow, then get away from him sharpish, 'cause those talons hurt."

Silence. "Right – who wants ter go first?"

The class seemed hesitant and backed up a bit. All the warnings and instruction made everyone else feel uneasy about the creature. It was big, and the talons on his feet were huge and sharp as well. "No one?"

"I'll do it." The same darked haired boy from earlier stepped up from the crowd.

Some two girls took a gasp and whispered, "Oh, no, Harry, remember your tea leaves!" Though, he seemed to ignore them and climbed over the paddock fence. "Good man, Harry!" Hagrid was now more enthusiastic that someone had the courage to do this. "Right then – let's see how yeh get on with Buckbeak." It was hard telling what else was happening since she was in the back, Y/n still had her sense of hearing though.

"Easy, now, Harry. Yeh've got eye contact, now try not ter blink... Hippogriffs don' trust yeh if yeh blink too much..." The professor stated in a calmer voice. "That's it, tha's it, Harry... now, bow..."  Y/n squeezed her way through to get a much better view. From the looks of it, the hippogriff wasn't bowing back... "Ah, right – back away, now, Harry, easy does it- "Though, Buckbeak was proven wrong and gave a bow of approval to Harry.

"Well done, Harry!" Hagrid was delighted now. "Right - yeh can touch him! Pat his beak, go on!" Students applauded him, Y/n was even clapping her hands and smiled a bit. All but the same three Slytherins from earlier. She wondered what their deal was. Maybe they bonked their head as well and that's why their words are posh.

"Righ' then, Harry," He seemed to have his confidence back since class had started. Y/n could tell that he wasn't a 100% sure of what he was doing. He must be new. She thought. "I reckon he migh' let yeh ride him!" Y/n wasn't sure if she had heard to professor right. "Yeh climb up there, jus' behind the wing joint. An' mind yeh don' pull any of his feathers out, he won' like that..."

Harry carefully climbed onto the hippogriffs back with caution. They all seemed skeptical about this though, Y/n did want to know where this was going. She wouldn't mind riding on a big creature like that. "Go on, then!" Hagrid said, slapping Buckbeak on the back.

Everyone looked up in awe as they saw the creature fly over them with his massive wings sorrowing through the sky. It was a sight to see, a creature so beautiful and a mind so brilliant. Buckbeak only flew around a couple of laps under the sun before landing again in the same spot. Harry seemed to let out a sigh of relief when he hopped off. "Good work, Harry!" Hagrid exclaimed with pride on his new job. The class cheered again, all but Malfoy and his goons. "Okay, who else wants to go next?" He asked.

Everyone in class started to line up, wanting a turn to meet Buckbeak. Who couldn't blame them? Such an interesting creature it can help but make Y/n wonder what else was out and about in this world. Everything just right beneath her feet. However, her thoughts would soon be cut off when she was pushed to the side by no other than Malfoy. "Oh, please." His disgusted voice making way up front. "You're not dangerous at all, are you. You great ugly brute!"

"Malfoy- "Hagrid started to call out the boy. It was too late. Buckbeak had already reared up his legs into the air, getting ready to strike at the boy in front. It was an act of self-defense, none less. He didn't bow nor keep act contact with the hippogriff. Any sane person from a mile away, could see what was about to happen next. Buckbeak kicked Malfoy right in the arm knocking him over. It wasn't fatal, but enough for some damage. The class looked back in shock as he started crying out.