4 - Hippogriff Hims

"Now, you know where Care of Magical Creatures is?"

"Yes, I do Sebastian no need to worry."

"I just wanna remind you that it's out-"

"Through the bridge, down the stairs and right outside the hut." Y/n finished off Sebastian's sentence for him as they were standing in the courtyard right outside the great hall.

"Oh, and don't forget after class is lunch." Y/n stared at him blankly, "I'm not stupid." He put up his hands in defense. "Just checking." She scoffed at him, "I'll see you later." She said, clutching a leathery, fluffy book close to her. Turning on her heels and walking to where she needed to go.

The bridge was long, and the steps down seemed even longer. She thought about how long it was going to take to get back up these steps. After all that she got down, a large group started to form around the hut that Sebastian had said, but a big, tall man standing in front overlooking them all.

"C'mon now, get a move on! Got a real treat for yeh. Great lesson comin' up. Follow me." He seemed enthusiastic about what he was saying as he started walking into the forest. Y/n just lingered in the background, not wanting to deal too much in while not knowing anything or anyone.

The walk wasn't too far. The day was warmer than the past couple of days and felt nice. The tall, big man led them to a paddock just on the edge of a forest. The ground was mostly dirt with ferns growing nearby and buzzing with flies. "Gather 'round. Find yourself a spot. That's it. Now, firs' thing yeh'll want ter do is open yer books-"

He was cut off by a boy in Slytherin. The boy was slender, and almost had white hair, his pale features didn't help it either, or his icy grey eyes. Overall, though, he was average-looking. Not Y/n type though. "And exactly how do we do that?"

The professor looks at him, Y/n clutching her book more tightly as the thing starts squirming.

"Crikey, didn' yeh know? Just stroke the spine of course!" He boomed over the students as everyone began stroking it. But it was too late for a poor boy as his book began to bite him.

Some kids started laughing, while others minded their own business. "Righ' then. So... so... yeh've got yer books, an' now yeh need the Magical Creatures. Right. So... I'll... I'll go an' get 'em." The big man seemed unsure of what he was doing as he disappeared into the forest.

The same blonde boy shakes his head and speaks to what Y/n was guessing, his friends. "God, this place is going to the dogs. Wait until my father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." His friends started to laugh and push him along. Y/n wasn't too sure what he meant, the accent and slang was too weird for her it almost made her laugh.

"Shut up Malfoy." Another boy appeared. He was the total opposite of Malfoy. He wore the colors of Gryffindor, and his dark hair was shaggier instead of neat. The boy took this as a threat and began stepping closer to him, the other one not backing down. Y/n thought this was stranger than waking up with no memory... Were they some animals trying to claim something or what?

But Malfoy started to back away slowly, with fear in his eyes. Pointing at the sky trying to get words out of his mouth. "Dementor Dementor!" He shouted, making the wither boy flinch backward to see. Instantly, the Slytherins make an eerie OOH... and OOH sound, then break up laughing, putting up their hoods.

It wasn't until Hagrid came back with a strange-looking creature. Y/n didn't look at it with awe but instead curiosity. It has the torso, hind legs, and tail of a horse, but the front legs, wings, and head of a giant eagle. Hagrid made a "tada." Noise and the students stepped back in fear. "Isn't he beautiful?" Throwing the creature, a fish.