"Well we heard all the ruckus from the emporium. And all of my cannibals are helping the princess. Someone had to check to make sure you two were doing okay!" Rosie explained happily. "Oh, I've been dying to taste an angel's wings! You have got to save some parts for me!" 

"What the hell is wrong with you all?" Scarlet screamed. "Are none of you afraid of me?" 

"Of a winged rat flying in the sky?" Velvet shot back. "You got to be kidding me! Anything is scarier than that. And are you wearing armor? You should be thrown back to the crusades where they actually thought that style looked good. You look hideous." Scarlet's blatant disbelief made me laugh. Velvet tapped the oversized mallet in her hand. "Now, are we gonna fight? My girl wants dinner and you're the best we got." Rosie's cheeks blushed as she waved Velvet off. 

"Oh, Velvet. You really know how to treat a woman," Rosie giggled. 

"You two are so cute," I chuckled before my attention turned back to my ex. Spears shot down toward us at rapid fire. 

"Get down!" Carmilla barked. The four of us dodged out of the way. I threw sigils at her that exploded on impact. One hit Scarlet's side. Golden blood showered out of her as she backed away slightly. Good to see she was still a terrible fighter. She threw a spear too fast for me to dodge. I got hit in the side and was slammed into the ground by the impact.  

"Fuck!" I shouted as I pulled the stupid fucking blade out of me. I casted a small spell to my side to help somehow with the healing process while I got to my feet. I keeled over by the pain but kept on my feet as I glared at Scarlet. "I am so sick of you causing me so much pain." A large sigil glowed from behind me. "You left me willingly and call me the biggest regret of your fucking afterlife. I am done listening to your victim bullshit! Especially when you are the one that ended up in heaven happy while I was down here suffering with the fact you never really loved me like I loved you." Pain tinged my tone as the sigil blasted its unholy light at her.

It was a direct hit. 

The angel fell while exorcists started to swarm around the library. Velvet and Rosie flanked my sides while Carmilla shot at them from a distance. I ran as fast as my injured body could toward the fallen bitch. I grabbed the fucking spear she stabbed me with as I moved. My foot stomped down on her singed chest plate. Scarlet breathed heavy, face covered in scrapes and blood. The sounds of battle were silenced by the pounding in my own ears. My heart begged for me to let her go. No matter how much she hurt me, I knew it was useless to hurt her. However, I placed the tip of the spear at the base of her neck. 

"I have every right to kill you," I barked. "You have done nothing but caused misery! Nothing but pain! I have every fucking right to pull that damned heart from your chest and crush it in my grip." Fear shone in Scarlet's eyes.  Her snarl turned desperate as she looked me over in a new light. She was no longer on top. The spearhead nicked the base of her throat. Gold blood trickled down. However, I took in a deep breath and pulled the blade away. "But you are no longer worth it." I threw the spear aside and stomped down on her chest plate. Gold blood bubbled out of her mouth as I stepped off of her. "You are worth less than dirt now. I have no reason to kill you. I forgave you a long time ago for the hell you caused. There is no reason to end you. Live your pathetic life in heaven. You deserve to know that the only reason you lived was because I let you." I backed away from a confused, scared Scarlet and turned my attention toward Carmilla. 

The woman I love was firing off in all directions with the different weapons in her arsenal. I casted sigils her way to help her defend herself. They exploded with unholy light. The area around was a heavy pour of angel guts. The metallic taste of blood coated my tongue as I forced my way over to her. 

However, I guess I should not have turned my back to Scarlet. That was a fatal flaw, I guess. 

The spear that pierced through my back and through my chest surprised me. The white-hot pain tortured me as I gurgled out a cry. I fell to my knees immediately. Blood vomited out of me and onto the grass. 

"You fucking bitch!" Scarlet's words rung through my ears as I was kicked to the side. 

"Astra!" I heard Carmilla's sob somewhere in the distance. My vision blurred as my body started to slowly turn cold. I shook as more blood coughed out of me. I started to choke from everything that wanted to come out of me. Scarlet's outline cleared out slightly against the blurs of hell around me. A satisfied smirk crossed her face. However, she was thrown aside by another figure.

The world felt heavy and cold. Everything started to fade. 

This...is how I die? Really? B-But...I wanted to be with Carmilla...with the girls...with everyone...just a little bit longer. My head turned to the side. I barely saw Carmilla as she ran over to me covered in golden blood. A small smile crossed my lips at the sight of her. 

Damn,  I really do love her. I was happy for her to be the last thing I saw before I died again. 

"Astra! Astra please!" Carmilla begged as she fell to her knees around me. 

"Love...you..." I choked out as the light started to fade. "I...love....you" 

"Astra!" The words sounded so far off even though she was so close. If there ever was a god, I only hoped he would answer one small prayer and kept her safe. She truly was the only angel that deserved it. 

Everything slowly faded to black and the world seemed to stop. 

....

.............

.................................

"Stop."