Platform 9 & 3/4

As soon as Professor Snape disappeared with a loud crack, Elowen grabbed her brother's wrist and dragged him back down the street.

"El?" he questioned, following without hesitation. "What are you doing?"

"I refuse to go back to the Dursleys," she sneered the word, dragging him down the street. "You saw how furious they were when we left. You think they're going to be pleased to see us?" She shook her head. "No. We're going back to Diagon. We'll go back to the bank and get one of those money pouches and see if they know where we can stay until September." She paused for a moment. "We can send a letter to Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon. Let them know we won't be back until next summer."

"Alright," Harry said agreeably. Elowen had always been better at financial things, on account of Aunt Petunia forcing her to help manage the Dursley finances. Aunt Petunia said often that making sure Elowen knew all of the 'wifely duties' was the only way they'd be able to marry her off, what with the scar. Harry looked down at his and his sister's ill fitting hand me downs. "Maybe we should go back to the tailor's as well," he told her. "Get some properly fitting clothes."

"Excellent idea, Harry."

When they reached the end of the street, Elowen held her wand out the way Professor Snape had done that morning. There was a loud bang and the Knight Bus screeched to a stop in front of them. Stan poked his head out. "Yous two again?"

"Us two again," Elowen said firmly. She hesitated before pressing four large gold galleons into Stan's hand. "Take us to the Leaky Cauldron, please, and don't tell anyone you saw us."

Stan nodded with wide eyes and stood aside to let them on. The second they sat, the bus took off. It wasn't long at all before the Potter twins reached the leaky cauldron. Elowen led the way in, stopping in front of the bar counter. Tom the bartender smiled down at them.

"Wha' can I do for ya?" he asked cheerfully.

"Could you open the alleyway, please?" Harry asked. "We forgot some things and Professor Snape had to leave."

Tom smiled and nodded. "Come on back then, you two. I'll show you 'ow to do it so you don' 'ave to ask every time."

The twins followed him back to the alley, watching as Tom pulled his wand out. "Now, it's jus' three bricks up from the trash can, and then two to the right. Give it a sharp three taps with your wand and it'll open righ' up." He rapped the brick and the wall unfolded. He waved the twins through. "Be safe shopping, and if you need a place to stay for the night, come on back 'ere and I'll 'ave a room for you."

Elowen smiled brightly at the bartender and nodded. "Thank you, sir, we'll keep that in mind."

The wall closed and the twins set off for Gringotts. As they wove through the crowds, Harry was extra grateful for the shrinking and featherweight charms Elowen had insisted be put on their trunks. Pulling a full trunk through the street would have been a nightmare. Elowen walked a step behind him, head down to hide the scar that branched across her face from view so they didn't attract attention.

Entering Gringotts for the second time, the twins got into a long line to wait. The main atrium of the bank was full of people coming and going, and the twins were content to people watch as the line slowly moved forward. Occasionally, they'd nudge the other to point out someone interesting - a woman with a vulture on her hat, a family who all had the same bright red hair and freckles, a toad-looking woman dressed entirely in pink and sneering at everyone else. They both decided they didn't like her, and were glad to be clear across the room. When it was finally their turn, Harry and Elowen went up to the same stand as before. Elowen searched her brain for the way Snape had greeted the goblin before.