1 ~Pilot

It's been 97 years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on Earth, leaving the planet simmering in radiation. Fortunately, there were survivors at the time of the bombs. There is now only The Ark, one station forged from the many. We're told the Earth needs another 100 years to become survivable again and man can go home, back to the ground. The ground, that's the dream.

"What's happening?" Coltyn Kane asks as he stands beside his father as delinquents are escorted out of Skybox onto a drop ship.

"We're sending them to Earth," Marcus Kane answers as he watches as the delinquents look around in confusion and fear. "The air supply is running low."

On The Ark, every crime, no matter how small, is punishable by death, unless you're under 18. Juvenile offenders get put here in lockup. We call it the skybox.

"So, we're sending them to early grave," Coltyn retorts as he looks at his father with narrowed eyes. "And what? We're making it excusable because they could let us know if Earth is survivable?"

Marcus stays silent because he knows that his son is right, which makes it even harder to ask him to go with them. Coltyn is looking at each of the prisoners before his eyes lock onto a familiar hazel pair from the last Unity Day dance.

"It's not fair," Coltyn says with a shake of his head as he realizes that the delinquents don't even know that they may die.

"I know," Marcus whispers out as he battles with the idea of asking his son.

"Then send me with them," Coltyn suggests as he turns to his father with a determined face. "They will need someone to help train them to fight because there is no telling what is waiting for them, if they survive."

"Coltyn..." Marcus attempts to talk him out of it.

"Besides when it gets out that you did this, you can say that you sent volunteers that weren't prisoners," Coltyn explains with the determined look never leaving his face which causes Marcus to sigh. Marcus knows that Coltyn is right but he is having trouble with the fact that Coltyn is his son.

"Hold out your right arm," Marcus says in defeat while pulling a rectangular box out of his pocket. Marcus opens the box to reveal a metal wristband before grabbing the wristband to open it, revealing four metal prongs. "This will keep us updated on your vitals and let us know that you're alive." Coltyn hisses as Marcus locks the wristband on his wrist.

"May we meet again," Coltyn says as he looks up at Marcus, who pulls him into a hug.

"Earth, Coltyn. You get to go to Earth," Marcus says as he lets go of Coltyn, who starts making his way towards the drop ship. "May we meet again."

Coltyn enters the drop ship before looking for the girl with hazel eyes. He finds her with no empty seats near her, so he sits beside Finn Collins. Finn is the one responsible for their lack of oxygen.

Not long after all of the delinquents are loaded onto the drop ship, it is launched from The Ark. The dropship starts to shake violently while the lights flicker, causing people to scream.

"What was that?" Finn asks as he takes a moment to look around before going back to messing with his straps.

"I think that was the atmosphere," Coltyn answers him as he looks up before screens along the walls come on.

"Prisoners of The Ark, hear me now. You've been given a second chance, and as your Chancellor, it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable." Chancellor Jaha explains as he appears on the screen.