"No, Ari and I have enrolled for dance." Jaemin stated as he took his girl in his arms with a hand around her waist, and she nodded with a smile as bright as that which sat on her boyfriend's face.

"You two have fun with art." Ari giggled while pointing at the two, who somehow always slipped into arguments, the dynamics of their friendship being as such since the very beginning.

With that said, the couple soon walked away, leaving her in the company of the male, who got on her nerves for a laugh or two.

"You know I suck at drawing, right?" Mirae nonchalantly flailed her arms, and he nodded in agreement with a grin plastered on his lips.

"I can't wait to see you mess up and get in trouble." Donghyuck stifled a peal of laughter, and she parted her lips to counter-attack his statement but was interrupted by the loud, clamorous sound of a bell chiming through the walls, indicating the start of the classes.

"About time." Donghyuck pushed the door open and headed inside, occupying a bench somewhere in the middle, and the girl dragged her feet against her will, but the moment she saw white canvases positioned on easel stands in front of every bench sufficient for two people, paints and brushes stacked at the front of the room, she let out a deep exhale.

"It's going to be a long day, Rae." She muttered to herself as she occupied the seat at the very end of the hall so as not to attract any attention from the professor or her fellow classmates; she simply prayed for this semester to pass by quickly just so she could get rid of the art class.

Students began flooding in and taking seats beside their known companies, and she thanked the heavens that no one had taken a seat beside her, providing her the peace of mind she craved.

The professor soon walked in and shut the door to a close, commencing the start of the class, and she had already dreaded its ending.

"Alright! I welcome you all to a new semester. Fresh starts and new faces are so lovely and exciting, don't you think so?" Ms. Lim's high-pitched tone echoed throughout the room, and some nodded while most of them simply remained silent.

"So, let's begin by pairing you up—" She paused when she saw her students steal glances amongst themselves with smiles drawn onto their faces and shook her head.

"—and no, you don't get to decide your partner." Those words earned sighs and clicks of the tongue in disapproval, but she paid no heed.

"Now, the pairs are listed out on the soft board. Come and collect the materials necessary for this class." Ms. Lim gestured as she sat down on the chair, and students began approaching the board in curiosity; some united with those they wished for, while a few whined at the partners they were allotted.

Mirae, on the other hand, offered little to no attention to what was going on in the class as she blankly stared out of the window at the blooming flowers and creepers that crept off the concrete wall around the water fountain. The sound of water gushing out of the fountain in a low hush and birds chirping far away drowned out the voices in the class.

"Get your lazy ass up." A voice whispered in her ear, and she closed her eyes at the familiar, annoying voice ringing in her ear.

"Get off my face, Hyuck." Mirae breathed out, turning to look up at Donghyuck, who had a smile on his face, and she raised her eyebrows questioningly.

"Odd. Was art your secret passion or what? There is nothing to smile about this class." Mirae waved a hand in the air, staring at the white canvas in front of her and drooping her shoulders.

"Look, my partner is Sohee." Donghyuck raised a finger and pointed at the bench he had occupied, only for it to be taken by another girl, and it soon dawned on her mind, her jaw dropping at the realization.

"No fucking way you enrolled me in this hellhole just so you could hit on her. No fucking way." Mirae connected the dots, and he nodded, seemingly proud of his actions.

"Be my wingman—wingwomen? Is that even a word?" Donghyuck let out, smiling like an absolute idiot, and she scoffed at his actions.

"Whatever. Poor girl, she is." Mirae uttered, eying Sohee, who was now paired up with her annoying friend, and she stood up, walking past Donghyuck and towards the soft board that had a few sheets of paper pinned to it.

Her fingers raised to graze the paper that was printed with a list of names side by side as her eyes roamed to search for her own, and when she spotted her name, her hand stopped.

"Bae Mirae..." She mumbled as her fingers traced a line to reveal her partner's name, but she paused when she could not get the pronunciation right in her head, the name feeling so foreign in her mouth.

"Huang Renjun." The voice behind her said, and she looked over with curious eyes, only to come face-to-face with someone she had least expected to run into.

No fucking way.

Renjun in art class is such a concept ahhh 😩

I'm spamming updates atp 💀