Chapter 4: The Body

(Warnings: Cursing, mentions of blood, mentions of homophobia)

- Byers family, Jim Hopper -

Esther stood there weakly in her brother's arms, he had both his arms hugging his mom and his sister. The police officer was giving them a shit sob story about how they had found Will's body in the quarry and how he was presumed dead.

After a bit, they family had decided to go inside, and Esther was to tired and weak to care what was going on inside. Jonathan had decided to carry Esther to her bed, laying her down and taking off her shoes for her.

"Jonathan.." She mumbled. "Yeah?" He whispered, sitting on the edge of the bed beside his little sister. "Am I sick?" She asked "He said I am sick." She coughed. "Who is he?" Jonathan asked. Esther's eyes fluttered closed sleepily. Giving her brother no response and falling into a deep slumber.

/\/\/\/\/\/\

"Esther." A voice called out to her, Esther was sitting at the top of a tall hill where the long grass blew in sync and the few flowers that scattered about lingered of pollen and the buzzing of the bee's that pranced along to the wind's wooshing noise. 

"Esther!" A distorted voice called to her, she turned around and saw Will. "Esther wake up!" The voice was deep and harsh.

Esther sat up in a cold sweat. Her eyes shot open and Jonathan stood in front of her. "Esther, we are going to go see Will's body. I think you should stay home." Jonathan pressed the back of his hand to Esther's forehead. "Your warm and plus I don't think you'll want to even go." Jonathan explained, Esther only nodded.

Bedrotting sounded good to her anyways. "Okay." She rasped out. "Do you want me to make you something before mom and I go?" 

"No.. I'm not really hungry." Esther moved to lay on her side. Jonathan nodded and ruffled the girls hair gently, then got up and shut the door behind him.

Almost on cue, a static voice from Mike was calling out from the Supercom. 

"Esther, do you copy?"

"Esther, I know you are there." 

"Esther, come on please respond."

"I'm not going to stop until you answer."

"Esther, Esther, Esther, Esther, Esther, Esther, Esther, Esther, Esth--"

"What do you want, Mike?"

"Okay good you are there, I need you to come over as quick as possible. Over"

"Mike I don't want to hang out today. Over"

"We aren't just hanging out- it's about Will. Please just trust me I promise you I will not disappoint you. Over"

Esther took a deep sigh. She thought about it for a moment before mumbling a soft 'whatever'.

"Okay. I'll be there in a bit. Over"

"Okay, good. Over and Out."

Esther pushed the antenna away and sighed. She didn't want to go see Mike or Eleven or Lucas or Dustin. She just wanted to stay home and cry. But she couldn't now. She got out of bed and walked to her dresser, pulling it open and choosing something basic to wear. 

Then she went to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, brushed her hair and called it good.

/\/\/\/\/\/\

- Dustin, Mike, Eleven, Esther, Lucas -

The party sat in a circle on Mike's floor, everyone had their eyes on Eleven who was fumbling with the supercom, the sound of distinct whimpers that kept going in and out was only to be heard.