Week Ten, Wednesday

Start from the beginning

    “So, I heard we’re makin’ muffins?” He asks casually, as if he didn’t just scare a teenage girl with his presence alone.

    Amao nods. “Yep! I have a list of ingredients on my phone, here they are!” He pulls it up, setting his phone on the counter as he starts to pull out bowls and trays. 

    Osorō just eyes the list with an odd glint in his eyes as Ayano, Kokona, and Osano glance at the list before looking for some of the ingredients. “So, you made this recipe?” He asks casually. 

    Amao nods, smiling proudly. “Yep! Added some special ingredients that make it taste better, and took out a couple that I’m not so happy with.”

    Osorō is all too smug as he says, “So, you’re actually the Muffin Man.”

    Amao pauses, then turns around, angrily pointing a whisk at the chuckling boy before him. “I will kick you out of my club.”

    Osorō snorts in response. “I’m not a club member, you can’t kick me from it.”

    Amao pauses, then asks, “Would ...Osorō, would you like to join the club? You always end up in here at least once a week, why not join us officially?”

    Osorō rolls his eyes, but he’s smiling when he says, “Sure, whatever. I’ll be in your club.”

    Smiling, Amao hands Osorō a kerchief to wear.

    Then he snatches it away, and shoves the whisk in Osorō’s face. “If the Muffin Man comments continue, you will be kicked.”

    Osano laughs at the shocked expression on Osorō’s face. Ayano and Kokona giggle, too.

    “Wow, Amao, I didn’t know you had a mean bone in your body,” Kokona comments, and Amao backs away from Osorō, handing back the kerchief. 

    Osorō smiles. “Glad to see that brownie boy knows how to stand up for himself.”

    Amao’s face drops, any pride gone. “Brownie boy?”

    When Osorō’s grin widens, Amao just sighs. “I’ll never win, will I?”

    “Nope,” All four cooking kids say at once, then laugh. The rest of the morning is spent baking the muffins, and they leave happy, full, and excited because Osorō joined a club, and is wearing the kerchief.

    Albeit, it is on his wrist, partially covered by his long coat, but it’s more than Ayano and Kokona, who don’t even wear anything for their clubs, so it’s really good for him. 

    On the way to her classroom, Ayano spots Megamo. They make eye contact, and Ayano smiles at him. He nods back, but his eyes quickly stray to look at Osorō, and he scowls. Ayano wonders about that, and decides to ask later.

    Morning classes pass by fairly fast, and before she knows it, Ayano is heading off for the Student Council room.

    All of the Council members are there when she enters, and they all greet her in their own ways. Ayano smiles at them, returning their greetings, then sits down at her filing cabinet once again. She’s sure that, with a few more days, she’ll be done with the papers. After all, she’s nearly done with her grade, and only the year one’s will be left and any recent documents her club mates have made.