19.

'Are you sure about this, Sidra?'

'I've thought about it, and I think it would benefit further negotiations if I'm here, Master.'

While Anakin and Ahsoka prepared to leave the sietch with Luvis, Sidra and Obi-wan talked in private. Stilgar had been distracted with talking with Ahsoka and was filling her in on how to properly avoid disturbing the sandworms in the desert. The 501st stood with their general, who was displaying an unreadable expression at the idea of going back into Arrakis' desert.

These aspects gave the Master and Padawan a moment to discuss why Sidra hadn't dressed in her stillsuit in the day's early morning.

Sidra had chosen to stay with the Fremen. The negotiations for peace were thrown back into the Harkonnen's field, which is where their true brutally may seep through the cracks. The Jedi Council also needed to be contacted about the progress (or lack thereof), which could only be done back in Arrakeen.

She knew the Harkonnen were going to be livid when they hear about the Fremen's response. She could also see that Obi-wan was relieved in knowing that Sidra was alive and able to accompany him in the baron's presence chamber. 

But after spending time with the Indigenous, and discovering that the Atreides hadn't been fully eradicated, Sidra told herself that the Fremen couldn't be forgotten about.

'I should have known that seeing all you've researched in-person was going to lead to this,' Obi-wan said in a half-regretful and half-prideful look. His hands rested on the hips of his stillsuit and he blinked down at his student. 

To him, Sidra was the perfect Padawan. She was curious, intelligent, and balanced with the Force. Obi-wan never questioned her loyalty to him or the Jedi Order. But with such balance, came his fear of Sidra's endeavours.

She sympathised with the Fremen, Obi-wan could see that. While the Council were trying hard to keep the Spice trade in their favour, they were unconsciously prioritising the Harkonnens' demands. This was not the Jedi way and Obi-wan had begun to see their loss of way during the clone wars. But Sidra remained with their values; protecting the peace to ensure the light continues. 

The Fremen were light and lived in harmony with the desert. Obi-wan had seen in their short time in the sietch that community and a binding religion drove their existence. And even though Obi-wan wanted to see the Fremen free from their exile, he couldn't help but notice how deep their religion ran.

'I'll say this,' Obi-wan started, his hands coming up to rest on Sidra's shoulders. 'These people have been on Arrakis for thousands of years. This prophecy of their's, although I hope that they do find their paradise, can be dangerous to you, Sid.'

The Padawan bit her lip and glanced around them in uncertainty.

'They really believe that you and the Atreides boy will be their saviour. With the boy's mother already part of the Fremen's religion, I can already see that he is beginning to believe it, too. 

No matter how tempting it may seem, please, remember your training and be mindful of your emotions.'

'Master, I know when to seperate belief from story-'

'I know you do, but even Anakin is worried about the seriousness of their so-called prophecy. It doesn't help that the Atreides boy seems to watch you everywhere you go.'

Sidra couldn't stop herself from following her Master's quick glance to the right. She didn't have to search the Fremen for the hazel eyes, as they were already looking in her direction.

Obi-wan's worries were confirmed when Paul rushed to look away and continue talking to Chani. He tried to appear as if he had been looking around the sietch while in general conversation. But both Sidra and her Master had seen the Atreides, and Sidra hated to think that he would ask what they had been talking about later.