I| PUNCHING A KEN DOLL

Start from the beginning

" I'm totally cool. Happens all the time to me.. hello.. are you an Angel? I know angels exist outside of barbie land but I wasn't programmed to know all about them. So really I have no clue where that came from. It makes zero sense." The man, who bumped into me, wore the replica of 'barbie'. Pink, yellow and blue eighties inspiration of leotards, neon gear, roller blades that have pink wheels. 'Barbie' seems a little insulting to call her, in my opinion. Because of her blonde hair. I was more pissed to have had the headphones I paid hundreds of dollars out of pocket broken.

" Honestly. Don't make it a great deal, it's fine." I wasn't the type for confrontation.

" Ken. Help the kind, beautiful, girl. That is sort of your fault." Barbie comments, blatantly putting blame on Ken. 'Barbie and Ken. Ironic. I see they are real in to the roles of the most famous toy couple.' My fingers pinch cracked and chipped pieces off the concrete. " I'm Ken. Just Ken. I work at beach. What is your name? Pretty lady I ran into totally not on purpose." His voice is hyperactive. Child like honestly.

I gave a half-hearted smile. " Esme. That is just my shorten name though, I prefer." I lift my head, being certain and careful to not do a repeat. He is staring straight through my soul.

'His eyes are really blue. Wide. Like an actual Ken doll. Kind of unsettling.' " Look. Ken! It's the Supreme Court." Barbie points a long, straight, finger at an Americas next top model billboard. 'Supreme Court? Those are contestants wearing bathing suits.' I was quite certain 'barbie' is conveying in the stereotype of a woman with no intellect because surely she would know congresswomen never object themselves to that.

" They're so smart." Ken agrees, still smiling unnaturally wide. He never let his eyes leave mine. " Yeah, Bruh. Do it, bro." A boy, teenager, skates towards 'barbie' and I go to warn her of his motives but he goes forward smacking barbie on her bottom. I gasp after she retaliates, pushing forward her left hand in a punch. Ken screams, running and hid behind my body hugging me. Tightly might I add.

'What on gods green earth is he doing.' A random man and his cowardice wasn't on my agenda today. Not even a surprise at rounding up inside Venice beach police station.

" All I need is your signature here, then everything is done. Have to say I didn't expect a sweet girl with the likes of you ending up bailing out these two." The officer, from my point of view his hair has excessive use of hair gel and overweight not that there was nothing wrong in being on the heavier side, observes.

I refrain an eye roll. " Trust me pendejo. This is the first and last you will see of me." I was starving, wanting to buy lunch. Barbie and Ken were doing thumb prints to be on the computers system. " hopefully there won't be a next time." He winks, suggestively. 'Pig' I drop the pen on the surface to the desk. 'Time to leave' barbie shouts a thank you for helping. There was nothing which irritates me more than a man flirting and being an asshole. It is worse when they're men in uniform on the force or a simpleton that doesn't understand it's not okay to make comments on women.

I have been walking, eating a corn dog I purchased, mustard dropping on the shirt I wore. Then hearing boot clacking, loud might I add, I turn on my heels noticing 'Ken' jump in an exaggerated approach in a shrub. 'He's following me. Great.' " Ken. I can hear you, Idiota. Get out from the bush. Do you realise how creepy it is that you're following me." Ken leaps over the sidewalk plant.

Placing his hand in a pose, pumping his chest forward. He's dressed in a denim cow boy costume, matching rodeo hat included. The street is quiet with no cars driving down or up. Everyone is at work.

" I don't think it's 'creepy'. Well actually I don't think because when has 'thinking' ever actually helped anyone. What is creepy any way? That is in not in my vocabulary. Could you give an example of the word. OUCH- my nose." I had enclosed my fist, thumb under my index finger, throwing forward a fist. If there was anything my dad taught Sasha and I is to fight. " That didn't tickle. Do it again. I never been punched before. I always wanted to feel what it's like to be hit with enough force."

'is he for real right now.' He cannot be serious. " There is something really weird about you. Go away." He pouts, as if he is a wounded puppy. " No." both my eyebrows shoot up to his foot stomp. " Wait! Wait! Don't leave me." I ignore him, sauntering down attempting put a feet or two away from him. 'He's persistent. I will give him that much.' Falling in stride Ken copies my posture, straightening his wide shoulders.

" Did you ever have a Ken doll? As a little girl." Who begins with questioning about toy dolls. I part my lips then tighten my eyes, narrowing each slow. " Yes. I.. did. Barbie and Ken were my favourites. Admittedly I did take my Ken to elementary school, boasting how he's .. uh, my boyfriend." I didn't know or think of how much information I was telling 'Ken'. He's a stranger, who I punched on the record. It was a memory i can retell each detail. Dad had gifted the doll as a reward for good behaviour.

Ken squeals, high-pitched. He held me close and tight. " we are girlfriend and boyfriend now. I can't wait for barbie to hear the news. The other Ken's will be delighted I have a human girlfriend. Oh! You will love barbie-land." My cheeks became inflamed, reddening each second, to the sudden affection he is giving. 'Oh brother.'

JASMINES NOTE

First chapter I done. Barbie will be fun to write for, honestly, because then I can have freedom to do ridiculous scenes like these. Esme in barbie land will be interesting as we have been introduced to her character. I love her already. How do you like how she and Ken met? Barbie as well? I always giggle at his screech after barbie punches that skater boy. And when the Ken's take over Barbie's dream house, her reaction will definitely be rememberable. Just wait.