ii. nightmare on fier street

The next morning, Clementine was already awake as she was already dressed up in blue jeans with a white t-shirt tucked in along with a silver cross necklace dangling on her neck. She sat in the kitchen eating breakfast that her aunt made for her as the TV was playing loud from the living room where Clementine could see. Her attention divided between her breakfast and the blaring television in the living room, noticing Sheriff Nick Goode standing next to a female news reporter with a spoonful of cereal halfway to her mouth which left a sort of unamused look on her face, She didn't like Nick Goode. She saw him as a weird individual who could hate crime somebody if he wanted to which he probably does and would get away with it, besides Clementine wasn't the only one who didn't like him but her aunt Lisa didn't as well.

She never knew why but assumed her aunt had the same reason as her even though they never really talked about it. 

"Shadyside, small town-america. But among locals, a history of horror has earned it another nickname, Killer Capital USA, and last night's tragedy struck again-" The news reporter voice will be cut off by the sound of the TV turning off by her aunt.

"Auntie!" Clementine said, "I was just listening to that." She said pushing her cereal aside after finishing it. Lisa reminded her, her tone firm yet gentle. "You have to go to school anyways Clemmy and you know how I hate seeing that man Nick on my screen." She told her.  "Now come on, I gotta go to work too and I won't be here for the night because of a night shift." She patted her on the back and walked off going to her room to grab her things.

Clementine sighed as she pushed her half-eaten cereal aside. With a nod, she rose from her chair, her movements heavy with reluctance as she made her way to gather her belongings. As she slung her backpack over her shoulder and grabbed her bag of cheer clothes, Clementine couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the air.

"Did you take your medicine today too!?" Her aunt yelled before Clementine walked out the door.

"Yes I did!" Clementine responded back to her as she opened the door and walked out to her car feeling the sun shine on her.

Clementine entered the halls of Shadyside High, As she walked pass people to make it to her locker. She got bumped a couple of times but she didn't seem to care,  While walking down the hallway, she noticed some people making out which she left a disgust to her face.

"It's early in the fucking morning." Clementine mumbled annoyed from the school couples doing all that lovey dovey stuff but at the same time Clementine was just jealous of them. After a couple minutes she saw Deena, Deena Johnson. A small smile appeared on her face as she walked up to her.

"Hey Deena," She told her friend, that was when her smile slowly turned into a frown as she noticed Deena's gaze fixed on something behind her. Confusion furrowed Clementine's brow as she turned to follow Deena's line of sight, her eyes widening in shock at the sight of Heather's locker adorned with pictures and flowers. "What happened?" Clementine asked, her voice barely above a whisper as she took in the memorial, She thought about the news today talking about a tragedy that happened in Shadyside before her aunt turned the TV off, but she didn't know that Heather was the victim, But before Deena could respond, another voice chimed in from behind them, sending a shiver down Clementine's spine.