Prologue

Fate

The world goes dark as I collapse to the floor. I hear Atlas screams my name while running toward me. This is it? The end? Darkness for all eternity? How boring.

I wake up in some plane of reality. As I sit up, I see what is supposed to be a familiar face. Her clothes were burned, blackened, merged with her skin. Despite that, her face was perfectly preserved. Oh right, it's her.

The next moment I find myself on my feet looking down at her, lifeless eyes looking up at me. "Why did you do this to me, Gale?" From my shock, I take a few steps back. She smiles. That same empty smile I remember. "You don't have to answer. I forgive you. A mother's love is unconditional after all"

"But why? Why did you do it? Why did you burn down your past? You know your father and I love you. We never meant to hurt you. We just wanted the best for you." Her same fake, disgusting appearance plagues me even in the afterlife. "You know damn well you don't. You never cared about me. You never cared about us."

"Oh, but I do. I am what you remember of me, or what you 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 to remember." "𝘞𝘢𝘯𝘵 to remember?" This was in my mind? Am i alive somehow? How else can i think of this?

I guess by that she means the mother that existed before everything. "Sit down, you must be tired" I was tired. I did as she said, sat on the floor, leaning sidewards against her leg. "Now, tell me. How do you really feel?" "Im sorry." It came out of my mouth unintentionally. "For what?" "Im sorry for letting you down, mom."

She rests her hand on my head. "There's nothing to be sorry about dear. You had a good life. Your father and i envy you." Dad? Envious of me? Is that really what I want to think? "Remember dear, when you need me, I'll be here."

She wont be. She was never there to begin with. The environment around me changes. I'm left floating in an empty void. The silence I'm cursed to endure for all eternity.

My mind goes to the legends I heard as a child about us royalty descending from gods. They despised us as we despised fate for forcing us into such an existence.

My mind wandered to Atlas. What is he feeling right now? After all that, I end up dead anyways. At least he's alive. At least he's safe.

The theatre. Lines are due tomorrow. Can Pierre really handle the role? Why do they give me a leading one now of all times?

The only one with me here is you, the one reading this story. The story you now know the ending of. I do not exist. I am a manifestation of a 12 year old girl's imagination. Now you get to make a decision; move on to a different story, or find out how i got to this point.