Chapter 2: Dracula's POV

Dracula was standing by a window looking out of it, on to the mountains and forest that stretched as far as the eye could see. He loved the beauty of it all, the quietness, the serenity, watching bats fly through the night. But, he didn't have one thing a lot of vampires had: A companion. Sure, he had servants he had turned over the course of the past few centuries, but he didn't have a romantic endeavor. Just then, his servant Hawthorne came into his parlor, with today's newspaper.

"Master, I've gathered the morning paper for you. Would you like to read it?" asked Hawthorne.
"Yes, bring it to my chair." said Dracula. Hawthorne did as he was told and then asked,
"Will you be needing anything else, Master?"
"No, Hawthorne, that will be all." Dracula said.
"Are you sure? Not even tea?" Hawthorne asked.
He liked herbal tea because even with vampires, it had calming properties. He had traveled to England and acquired a taste for it. But he wasn't in the mood at the moment.

"No, Hawthorne, I said that would be all." said Dracula.
"All right, master. I'll leave you alone." said Hawthorne.
"Good idea, Hawthorne." Dracula said.

He decided to read the newspaper. He went to the world section and saw the same article about the Fusajirō Yamauchi and his hanafuda playing cards, and came to the same conclusion that it would be a wise investment.

"Hawthorne, prepare my cloud of bats. I'm going to Japan." said Dracula.
"Yes, Master." said Hawthorne. Hawthorne didn't obey Dracula because he cared for him, he feared him.
Soon Dracula would travel, headed for Japan.