Chapter Ten - Pyaar Ke Daage

Start from the beginning

"Bhau, sehat ki dekhbhal karne ki kya ab kam umar ka hona zaroori hai?" Usha Maushi asked, supporting Sai and Virat.

"No excuses, you will be coming to the gym with me going forward, I will pick you up and we will go together"

"But sir ..." Virat glared, "I mean Virat beta ......" but Virat yet again interrupted, holding his hand up to silence the older man.

"Main kuch nahi sunne wala, from tomorrow you and I will be going to the gym"

Kamaal sighed in defeat and looked between Virat and Sai, shaking his head at the fact the two children who he was older than were almost parenting him. They truly were two peas in a pod, so caring towards their loved ones. He observed them standing together, very closely, Virat slightly behind Sai but his hands brushing against hers, so comfortable in the position that they are in, Sai who normally didn't like anyone standing too close to her was not even blinking an eye at his closeness, it made Kamaal wonder whether his wish was starting to come true, he smiled secretly, praying in his heart that he would soon hear some good news.

"Okay fine, no more arguments. I will go to the gym with you" He relented, holding his hands up in surrender, beaming when he witnessed his daughter laugh in delight before jumping into his embrace.

"Thank you Aaba, you have no idea what this means to me. You health is my main priority and knowing you will be taking care of it gives me relief"

"And nothing is more important to me than seeing my daughter happy, so if you are happy seeing your old father wasting away in the gym, then I shall do it" He joked laughing, patting her back affectionately.

Sai released him off her hold and took a step back towards Virat, scowling at her father at his poor joke, but soon joined in with his laughter not being able to hold herself, throwing her head back briefly resting it against Virat's shoulder.

Virat who was also laughing along with them, without thinking rested his hands on her waist pulling her closer to him which she unconsciously allowed, it was only when he felt her dupatta brush against his hands that he realised what he was doing and quickly stepped back, looking around to make sure no one noticed, but his eyes caught Usha Maushi's who was grinning and he looked away sheepishly. Dude, watch your surroundings!

"Err, we should head out now, let's go Sai" , said Virat, and hurriedly bid goodbye before rushing out the door, leaving a confused Kamal and laughing Usha Maushi behind, while Sai was following him questioning him about the sudden rush.

**

It was eerily quiet in Samrat's room, especially with both him and his wife in the same vicinity. Since getting married to her, there was never a day where either of them stayed silent and didn't snark at each other, which ultimately led to an argument but today something had shifted.

Samrat was currently standing in front of the mirror, straightening up his army uniform getting ready to attend an official meeting in the head quarters, while Pakhi was silently pottering about the room tidying up, she kept glancing up at him but as soon as his eye caught hers she would look away. Something was going on in her mind that he was sure off, she was behaving oddly last night and since this morning she has been awfully silent, even at his jibes which was not normal behavior for her, usually she would go for his jugular whenever he sniped at her, but since last night she has just listened without any reaction.

"I'm leaving for the headquarters and I might be late, let Aai know when she comes back from the mandir." He said, watching her fluff up the pillows on the bed absentmindedly.

"Jee, I will" She responded quietly, looking up at him.

Their eyes connected briefly and Sam noticed that there was a sadness glimmering in hers, her lips were quivering like she was trying to hold back her tears. It made him uncomfortable, regardless of his dislike for her, he didn't like seeing her cry, but he didn't say anything, that was not the kind of relationship they had, but he did wonder what it was that was upsetting her so much, he could only assume it was something related to Virat, and had a suspicion it might be related to his relationship with Sai.