12 - Somewhere In Between You And Me

Начните с самого начала

Damn, it feels good. So good that he's slowly letting Win move him and make him sit on the table, still kissing him.

Slowly his hands made their way up to his face, tilting it for a better exchange of air. The kiss slowly turns into a heated one when Bright lets out a moan in between their kisses.

It felt too unreal for Win. There's no denying that they missed each other's touch.

"You should go. I'll see you later." Bright gave Win a kiss on the lips and pushed him away. "Come on. Go on."

Win started pouting like a kid where here's Bright who's adoring the look on Win's face.

"Don't you go there. Your puppy-like actions won't win this time."

"Fine." Another kiss and Win frees Bright from his tight hug. "Text me, okay?"

"I will. Go."

"I love you." Win was shocked at what he just blurted out. His initial reaction was taking back those three words but looking at Bright now, he was, I guess, okay with Win saying he loves him, again.

He smiles back at him. "I know." Immediately, Win face lights up.

"Thank you. I love you again."

"I know, Win. You should go."

Win already knew that he shouldn't ask for an I love you back because of what happened, what matters to him now is that they are slowly starting again, slowly opening up.

That is what matters to Win now.

- - - - -

It was past 8 in the evening when Win received a message from Bright.

[I'm here outside the west gate]
[meet me here.]

Immediately, he took his bag and rushed out of their office. He's been waiting for Bright for 4 hours now and he didn't mind the time since he made himself busy with lots of paperworks.

Almost every student and colleague of his were surprised at how suddenly he became happy and excited when all throughout the week he's been unresponsive and his mind was somewhere else.

How couldn't he be happy after what happened to him and Bright. Of course he'll be excited. He was feeling positive most of the day and was patiently waiting for his husband to text him.

Meters away, he could clearly see Bright's silhouette sitting comfortably on the concrete chair.

It was already dark and there were few cars passing by and Bright was alone. He quietly sat beside him not uttering any word as Bright was busy listening to music with his earphones on.

His hands were contemplating whether he should grab Bright's hands or jump into an embrace but knowing how Bright would react, Win chose to slowly reach for his hand and link them.

Bright then takes his earphones off with his other hand because apparently Win was holding his other hand tightly and was not letting it go. "There's still students around us. Let go of my hands."

Win looks at Bright. "I'll only let your hand go if you'll go on a dinner date with me."

"Date? Right now?"

"Yea, I'm starving."

"I didn't tell you to starve yourself. You could've eaten anything earlier."

"But I want to eat with you."

Bright took a deep breath out. "Fine, let's eat."

Win was smiling ear to ear after hearing what Bright said.

"Why the hell are they smiling like that?"

"Nothing. I'm just having a butterfly effect."

This time it was Bright who began laughing. "You're that happy?"

"Ofcourse I am. It's been years since I took my husband out for a dinner date." but his smile once again disappeared and Bright noticed it.

"What's wrong?"

"Why do I feel like I'm dreaming right now? Are you really here in front of me? Are we really trying to work our relationship again?"

Bright was silent for a few seconds.

Win was also thinking about the same thing he was and now their worries were almost aligned. The difference is, Bright is still afraid of repeating the same cycle they had before and Win is afraid of this reality turning out to be just part of his imagination.

[03.31.2024]