iV| Lando and Lily

"Guess you'll have to get used to third wheeling Dutchie."

*~🏎️~*

"
Let's go Lando
Lando is okay."

To say that Lily Stroll had been excited for the Bahrain Grand Prix would've been a very reasonably large understatement

To say that Lily Stroll had been excited for the Bahrain Grand Prix would've been a very reasonably large understatement. Being as that she hadn't stopped bouncing off the walls since the preseason testing, it had been very clear that nothing else, especially acting somewhat mature, was on the Red Bull driver's mind. In fact, the only thing that had been able to stop her from constantly being energetic, was one, her favorite pastime of sleeping, and two, her manager and race engineer practically forcing her into doing simulator work.

And to say it had thoroughly entertained her Dutch teammate would have also been a very large understatement. Max Verstappen had never seen anybody so excited to start the first race of the year, nor have that much energy as a twenty-two year old. At first, he had thought it was just an overload of caffeine, but then Lily's blunt Irish manager had brought him back down to Earth.

"Caffeine? No, this is her regular self, start getting used to it, because you're stuck with it for the next two years. Welcome to my life."

So, the youngest Stroll had been on the race simulator over and over, so much so that she had been able to go around the entire track with her eyes closed and one hand on the steering wheel. Luckily, as the Grand Prix had grown closer and closer, so did the large amount of interviews, especially from a, Netflix, and b, F1.

"I think I may have scared away Max with my, uh, enthusiasm, or I've become his main source of entertainment." the Red Bull driver admitted as the Netflix crew set up.

"How are you two getting along? Two time world champion and the only girl on the grid?"

"Eh, the only reason I tolerate him is for Penny." Lily had joked, winking. "Nah, it's good, we get along well and it is funny to see his face when I beat him at virtually anything."

"Example?"

"Oh well, the other day, I was meeting him and Christian, but we ended up pulling into the same McDonalds completely randomnly but there was only one drive-thru, so then we somehow ended up racing to see who could get in first, which I did. He gave me the finger and everything." the Canadian laughed.

The questions had continued until at last the Netflix crew decided they didn't need anymore from the Stroll, who had proceeded to happily walk off and straight into another interview with the official Formula 1 interviewers.

"How's the feel of the track, Lily? Do you feel prepared for the first race of the season?"

"The track is feeling really good, the team is really confident in the car and you know, hopefully we can get on the podium. Pre-season testing went really well, so yeah, feeling prepared, of course, loving the attention from the media." Lily had laughed.

"How's the upgrade going? Moving from a lower team like Williams to the last year constructors' championship team was a big move not a lot of people saw coming."

"It's certainly different. Williams, I loved having Alex and George as teammates and towards the end of last season, I was scoring us some points, it was great to feel like I was helping the team move forwards into the re-incarnation of the old version. But when Christian Horner offers you a two-year contract in a winning car you can't say no to that. I think 'upgrade' isn't the best term, but Red Bull is already feeling like home and I've got a great relationship with Max as teammates."

"Thank you so much Lily, we just have a kind of survey for you to fill out and you're free to go."