Flashback 2 - I heard the crack in my heart

Start from the beginning

"Let him be little princess." It was Bran who said that. He and Lan are 11 years old, and though they are twints, they are nothing alike expect for their looks. While Bran has always been way too kind and sweet, Lan is anything but. But Lan is not really bad though. He is just close with his eldest cousin and not with the rest of us.

Actually no. Lan not being close to otheres doesn't apply to me. Lan and i are actually close. We have always been close but not when we are in group. I mean he never give me any special attention or anything. But he does help me with some information that i need sometimes and in return i give him the latest things happening in everyone's life when he is not around.

What? Its a give and take!

"I am right here"

My head turned towards the source of that voice. It was Lan. He gave a nod towards me and continued "Lets play."

"I will be in your team." God? When will Cecy understand. He is bad news. He is just gonna break her heart.

Look. Who spoke? A hypocrite. The devil on my left shoulder whispered. I ignored and walked towards Bran.

"Great. Then me and Bran will be on one team." i said and looked around to see Creigh talking to uncle Aiden. Wait... is that... is that a worm in his hand? God! These king cousins are something else.

"Get ready to be acquaintance with floor, Ava." Landon smirked.

"Talking about yourself, Lan?." i retorted back. What? Just because i am small doesn't mean i will back down from anything. My mum did not raised me that way. Neither did my dad.

"On the count of three... two... one." Landon and Cecily pulled, harder.

I pulled back "Bran c'mon. We will show them."

The push and pull kept going because none of us were ready to back down. We are all competitive like that.

Just when i thought we were winning Lan pulled more harder.

"Its okay if we lose, Ava." Bran said pulling from behind me.

"No. I don't want to lose. Help me, Bran" i nearly shouted.

"Okay okay." he replied and pulled a little harder.

"Just give up already." Lan calls from the other side.

Just then Remi and Creigh walked towards us and Cray joins mine and Bran's side.

That's my boy, Cray!

While Remi joined Lan and Cecy.

We kept pulling for somewhat 5 more mins just when i thought we were going to lose, a broad shoulder blocks my view from seeing Lan's smirk.

Og my goodness.

He is here. Standing in front of me. I am facing his back beacuse he is holding the rope from... my side

Wait. Is he?? Is he gonna play from our side? But-

My thoughts come to abrupt jolt when he pulls.