Selfcare

After that night, Y/N started keeping a black bag at their desk that had some of their age regression gear and a few changes of clothes. They also started to have lunch with Taishiro when they were at work. The other interns, like Kirishima and Tamaki, noticed the sudden closeness of the pair but didn't say anything to either of them.

It had been two weeks since Y/N stayed the night with Taishiro now, and everything was going great! That was until about a week ago when Taishiro noticed Y/N acting aloof.

They started to have bags under their eyes constantly, and Taishiro could swear he saw a scar on their arm, but he didn't want to make them uncomfortable by asking. So he left the scar thing alone.

Y/N had also been spacing out more, affecting Y/N's work. Their boss and friend Taishiro knew he had to say something to them about it. He couldn't just let them fall into a pit of despair. That's not who he is.

That's why later in the day, about an hour after Taishiro and Kirishima got back from an afternoon patrol, Taishiro called Y/N up to his office. The teen walked in five minutes later with their eyebrow raised in confusion. "Fatgum? You wanted to talk to me about something?"

Taishiro was at his desk eating takoyaki with a frown and furrowed brows. He gestured for Y/N to sit down without a word. Y/N became increasingly nervous as they nodded and sat before their much taller mentor. "Um, you good? Did I do something wrong?"

Taishiro sighed and shook his head. "No, you didn't do anything specifically. I'm concerned about you. I can see the bags under your eyes, Y/N. I also noticed that you've been spacing out more lately. Not to mention the dead look in your eyes when you are fully 'awake.'" He stood up and walked around the desk to kneel next to Y/N. Taishiro gently grabbed Y/N's face and turned their head to face him so they couldn't look away. "You haven't been taking care of yourself, have you?"

Y/N's eyes widened. Then they chuckled and looked at Taishiro, confused. "What? That's what this is about? Fat, I'm fine. I've just been staying up later recently." Taishiro narrowed his eyes, glaring at Y/N. "I mean it! I'm fine, okay?"

Taishiro took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment. He continued to hold Y/N's face as he ranted. "Bull. What about the spacing out? You know I'm not making stuff up to annoy you."

They stiffened with agitation. Y/N scowled at their mentor, staying silent for a few seconds before taking a deep breath and saying, "I'm fine. I'm just tired, okay?"

Taishiro returned the scowl and snapped instantly. His voice wasn't loud, but it was clear how frustrated he was. "Stop lying to me, Little One! You need to take care of yourself when I'm not there. I wish I could hold you tight and care for you like my own, but I can't do that right now, so you need to take care of my Little One for me sometimes, okay, Y/N? I care about you, so please just let me in."

Y/N's eyes went wide at Taishiro's words. Their cheeks go pink at the nickname, but they also notice the fear in Taishiro's eyes and realize he is worried. Y/N swallowed and stayed silent momentarily before mumbling, "I've just been getting nightmares lately, so I haven't been able to sleep very well, okay? It's not anything horrible, a little annoying if anything."

Taishiro sighed and closed his eyes as he let go of Y/N's face. The pair sat silently for a moment before Taishiro looked up, his brows furrowed in concern. "Do you want to tell me what the nightmares are about?" Y/N shook their head 'no' as they gripped their jeans tightly.

"Is there anything else you were hiding from me?" Taishiro continued. Y/N hesitated before they shook their head 'no' once more.

Taishiro slightly nodded as he stared at Y/N, speaking softly, "Alright, I'll let it go, but listen, you can tell me anything. I won't get mad or upset at you for having baggage, okay?"

Y/N gave Taishiro a gentle smile and nod. Taishiro smiled back and continued, letting go of Y/N's face. "How about you stay the night with me tonight? Maybe it'll help with your nightmares!"

Y/N thought momentarily and looked off to the side. They looked back at Taishiro and grinned. "Yeah, that sounds great. I'll call my dad!"

Taishiro stood up and returned to his chair as he affirmed, "Great! I'll come by your desk when it's time to leave."

Y/N beamed as they stood up and started to step towards the door. "Okay, See you then!" With that, Y/N waved goodbye and walked out of Taishiro's office.

A few hours later, around ten o'clock, Taishiro went downstairs and found Y/N sitting at their desk doing paperwork on their computer.  He walked up behind them and glanced down at the black backpack at Y/N's feet. Taishiro raised an eyebrow and put a hand on Y/N's shoulder. "Hey there, you ready?"

Y/N jumped slightly and looked over to  Taishiro. "Oh! Yeah, yeah, I'm ready." They quickly logged off the device and turned it off before standing and picking up the bag.

Taishiro chuckled and walked Y/N to his car. After a few minutes of driving, when they pulled up to a red light, Taishiro glanced over at the bag by Y/N's feet with a raised eyebrow. "So, what's in the bag?" he asked curiously.

Y/N, who had been playing a game on their phone, looked up at Taishiro with a neutral expression. "Hmm? Oh, I started to keep stuff at the office in case I went over to your place after work. It's just a change of clothes and some other stuff I wanted to keep on me."

Taishiro looked back at the road ahead, pretending not to be proud of Y/N's initiative and preparedness. "Ah, I see."

The light turns green, and Taishiro continues to drive to his house with a small smile. Y/N returned their attention to their phone and thought about what this night would hold.