Scary story

Once long ago, in a town not so far away, lived three boys, Anthony, Davis, and Jakoby. One basic day after baseball practice the three boys were walking home from school when they passed the old mansion, that somehow is still standing at the end of the street Davis lives on boarded up old, and creepy, and started talking about breaking in. "What if we go in tonight," Anthony said. "I don't know guys I'm pretty sure Mrs.Betty still lives there," Davis replies. "Davis stop being such a pussy cat, everyone knows that old hag is dead" Anthony said. "Literally though" Jakoby says. "Yea whatever I guess" Davis replied. The three boys walk up to Davis's house and hangout for a couple of hours playing video games in Davis's room. Around 11:30 pm the three boys snuck out and crept down the street toward the old creepy mansion. As they walked up to the house, they all got shivers down their spine. "Is this really a good idea" Davis said. "Yea, yea it will be fine" Anthony replied. "Hurry up and let's go in" Jacoby says. The three boys crept up the mansion's front porch steps slowly and as quietly as possible. Expecting to have to break in they look around the porch for an entrance way, but Anthony grabs the front door and surprisingly the front door was unlocked and opens. "UM, its unlocked y'all" Anthony tells Jakoby and Davis. The three boys walked inside to see nothing, but dust and furniture covered in white sheets. The boys walk around inside for a bit staying close to one another. "Hey guys that looks like someone standing" Davis whispers. Anthony turns around "where?" he says. Davis points, in the corner of a room a tall human-like figure stands covered with a sheet. "Oooo so scary" Jakoby says. "let's go pull the sheet" he adds. "I don't think that's a good idea maybe we should just go" Davis says. "Nah it'll be fine" Jakoby says laughing. Jakoby walks slowly towards the figure. But suddenly a cuckoo clock went off. As the clock struck midnight, a chilling wind howled outside the old, abandoned mansion. Shadows danced eerily on the walls, and a sense of dread hung heavy in the air. Little did they know, something sinister lurked in the darkness, waiting to reveal its terrifying presence. Jakoby slightly startled snatched the sheet to reveal nothing there not even a statue. Then they heard an old woman's laugh from upstairs. Scared, they ran faster than ever out the door. When they got back to Davis's house, they tried to forget about everything that happened but around 3 am there was a knock at Davis's window. When Davis peeped from the corner slightly moving the curtains a creepy dreadful looking old woman stood on the sidewalk staring back. It was Mrs.Betty but she looked half dead. Davis felt as if they were making eye contact. He panicked and locked his bedroom door and told Anthony and Jakoby what had happened, they laid down with the lights still on and tried to fall asleep. They had fallen fast asleep. When they awoke, they walked down the street still thinking about what had happened but when they passed where the house once stood nothing, but ash and the stone front porch stood. They were later told that around 4 am that same day that the house had caught fire. Later that week a news reporter posted about the incident saying that Mrs. Bettys body had been found under rubble decaying it was also stated that she had been dead for a long time and was just rotting away inside the old mansion. Davis, Anthony, and Jakoby tried forgetting about everything, but they never fully quite understood what had happened and Davis lived to have nightmares about what he had seen outside his window. He tried informing his parents about the incident, but they told him he was imagining things. He now lives with the questions of whether she was dead and how she was there. And forever this memory will haunt them all.