Preparations for the defense of Go An castle

Ma Tian: how long do we have before they get here.
Li Bei: 8 hours at most.
Ma Tian: Damn it all if we just had 20 more hours we could evacuate the city entire population but that isn't even an option, they just cut us down from behind if we do. But how did you get up here so fast.
Li Bei: I got the message after you told us to shut up and there happen to be a ladder on the ground so I came in through the balcony.
Ma Tian: How many men do we have
Li Bei: we were able to recuperate back to 5000 after the last battle with Chu and we recruited 2000 from this city.
Ma Tian: that means less than 2000 on each wall and I'm not a defensive type at all and we only have 3 commanders me, you and Huan Fang we will fall in less than a day.
Ma An: I'm a commander too I can fig-
Hearing what the woman was about to say Ma Tian and Li Bei both angered at the idea of someone who just gave birth fight on the front lines of a siege both screamed.
Ma Tian and Li Bei: absolutely not
Ma Tian: you just gave birth stay here and rest while I find you a way out of this doomed castle Li Bei are their any tunnels out of the city.
Li Bei: afraid not sir
Ma Tian: 300 Calvary and a carriage prepare them for An and gather the population of this city and assemble them at the town square.
Ma Tian's thoughts: I remember reading that the 31st king of qin/ the first emperor was able to turn an entire city's population into a fighting force now I have to do the same. Can I even get a thousand to fight?
Li Bei: I understand you are going to be sending Ma An away but why are you trying to gather up the civilians.
Ma Tian: I'm going to gather up any civilian that are willing to fight and I'll have the rest of the people evacuated and block off all exits until I make my speech.
Li Bei: so while we defend the castle we will also be distracting the Xiongnu as our people escape.
20 minutes later.
Ma Tian is walking up to a stage to see his second lieutenant Huan Fang with deep eye bags who promptly saluted him.

(For future reference)Huan Fang(very stressed): General we've gathered the 25 thousand population of the city here please say what you have to say quickly

Huan Fang(very stressed): General we've gathered the 25 thousand population of the city here please say what you have to say quickly.
Ma Tian: understood
Ma Tian turn to the people of Go An castle who were all screaming different things at him but they all wanted the same thing to leave the city
Ma Tian: ATTENTION I AM MA TIAN THE GENERAL AND LORD OF YOUR CITY I WILL ALLOW ALL OF YOU TO LEAVE THE CITY SOON HOWEVER I MUST EXPLAIN MY PLAN SO ALL OF YOU CAN LEAVE SAFELY FIRST I NEED PEOPLE TO STAY BEHIND TO FACE THE XIONGNU
Civilian 1: we can't fight way are you asking this from us we can't fight just let us leave
Civilian 2: that's right you're going to run away anyways just let us go
Civilian 1: yeah you're a coward for making civilians fight when you run
Huan Fang: SHUT UP YOU PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW THE FULL PLAN AND YOUR COMPLAINING WE THE SOLDIERS COULD HAVE EASILY ESCAPED ON HORSEBACK BUT MY LORD IS CHOOSING TO STAY HERE AND FIGHT FOR YOU WHEN HE HAS A FAMILY AND SHOULD BE RUNNING AW-
Ma Tian: THATS ENOUGH HUAN FANG ANYWAYS THE SECOND PART OF THE PLAN IS THE REST WHO DON'T STAY AND FIGHT WILL RUN TO THE NEXT LARGE CASTLE THE REASON WE CANT ALL JUST RUN AWAY WE HAVE ELDERLY PEOPLE AND THE XIONGU ARE ON HORSEBACK THEY WILL CATCH UP TO US TO QUICKLY SO THE PEOPLE BEHIND HAVE TO BUY TIME SO PLEASE THOSE WHO CAN STAY AND FIGHT I BEG OF YOU (Ma Tian got on his knees and bowed down to the people of Go An).
Civilian 1 and 2: General please stand up we will fight by your side (saluting Ma Tian)
Civilian 3: yea we will fight
Civilian 4: we will kill all the enemies
Civilian 5: we'll send that mountain tribe packing
When Ma Tian got up he saw something that brought tears to his eyes so many people were ready to fight they were all cheering to fight. Ma Tian quickly turned around to Huan Fang.
Huan Fang: Looks like we actually got a fight chance sir.
Ma Tian start setting up the two groups the ones that stayed behind and those who were to leave.
30 minutes later after the groups were separated the groups that were leaving were just about to set off but before some give what could be their final goodbyes to their loved ones.
Soldier : Don't worry mom one of the commanders said after 3 or so days we will retreat and pull out of the castle so every thing will be fine.
Soldier's mother: you have to survive okay boy and make sure to eat lots so that you will be at full strength when fighting the Xiongnu you understand what mom is saying right boy.
Soldier:yes mom don't worry I'll be fine and take care of the kids.
Soldier's son: good luck dad and kill many of the Xiongnu
Soldier's daughter: don't say that brother and papa don't fight if you don't have to stay at the back.
Soldier: look at you so smart to tell your old man to stay in the back anyways you lot should get going now.
The Soldier's family began to leave as the did they waved goodbye to their dad and wished him luck in battle. Ma Tian was watching the families interactions before they left he could only feel guilty knowing that many of them were going to die before the retreat or even everybody might die before the third day.
Ma Tian's inner thoughts: I will Atone for letting those families have hope with my death here.
Qin soldier: General we have a problem Ma An won't leave in fact she already overpowered so many men and has started putting on armor.
Ma Tian hearing the message he quickly moved to the main building were his wife was. As Ma Tian entered the room he saw Ma An fully armored and holding her glaive while many soldiers tried to stop her gently.
Ma Tian(pissed): what the hell are you doing put your glaive down, take off that armor and go to the carriage I prepared for you and Jin.
Ma An(threatening) : And if I don't
Ma An walked up to her husband towering over him placing her hand on his shoulder pressing down and squeezing.
Ma An: overpower me and I'll leave peacefully.
Ma Tian grabbed the arm on his shoulder and with all of his might tried to get it off of his shoulder while thinking about how the Xiongnu would violate her, how she would die and how their child would be raised an orphan. However Ma An was thinking similarly and would not let go. 
Ma Tian: you could die and our son would be an orphan let go of me
Ma An: So can you and our son would be fatherless.
Ma Tian: That is common for wartime and it
would be better if at least A parent was there.
Ma An: you are being selfish
Ma Tian: How for wanting to protect my wife who just gave birth.
Ma An: your wife who is also the strongest fighter in your army and who is also a skilled commander while you only have two others.when  defending a castle that has 4 walls and you are trying to last 3 days. Let me fight theirs a higher chance we hold out to the third day if you do.
Ma Tian not knowing how to respond to that allowed his wife to fight. With that being decided nearly everyone assembled at the gate Ma Tian left his son to the mid wife and nurse while giving them as much money as possible without slowing them down as well as proof of identity for his son.
Ma Tian: you and the nurse are to take half if we die here please take my son the the Wang (Ou) family estate the head of that family was a general from the qin army in the last war I was in. He is someone who I can consider a friend he will decide what to do with the boy.
Midwife: I understand and Thank you
As they all left the men took their positions on the wall. Ma Tian managed to recruit 8000 men and along with his 7000 he could have 3000 men on each wall and 700 guarding the gates below. Ma Tian on the north Li Bei on the east Huan Fang on the south and Ma An on the west. Before the battle started Li Bei visited his general on the north wall and told him something.
Ma Tian: did that really happen or are you bullshiting me.
Li Bei: yup it really happened but it looks like they're here now.I'll take my leave and good luck.
Ma Tian: good luck to you too. (gathering breath) EVERYONE GET READY THEY'RE HERE!

And that's Chapter 2 hope everyone enjoyed it