"You're breaking the rules. They say you are the Peaky Blinders."

Theo had noticed the three sat not too far from him and he nudged one of the boys he was sat with, taking an empty glass and standing up.

"Peaky scum!" He shouted, throwing the glass to the floor and causing it to smash.

John looked over his shoulder and it was only seconds before a fight broke out. John grabbed Theo by his arms and pulled him away from the table, head butting him in the nose.

Theo sent punches into John's face and stomach. They were pulling each other about, fighting like animals. "You dirty bastard!" John hissed, throwing him into the floor and punching him again.

John took his cap and without thinking, sliced Theo's cheek open. Theodore screamed in agony and tried to pull away from John.

Then a gun sounded, the music stopping as well as the fight.

John moved from the Lee boy whilst he held his face, blood staining his palms. John wiped his nose and looked at the blood that had transferred onto his sleeve.

"Get out!" the man with the gun demanded. Tommy stared at him. "Yeah? Are you gonna use that?" Tommy taunted. "Didn't think so." He whispered.

Arthur grabbed John's shoulder and shook him slightly. "You alright, brother?" He asked. John sniffed and nodded. "That was Madeline's bastard brother— fucking scum." John hissed, glaring at the boy from across the room.

"We came here not to make enemies, no, we came here to make new friends." Tommy shouted to catch the attention of everyone. "Those of you who are last will soon be first," he pointed "and those of you who are down trodden, will rise up."

"You know where to find us." He said before leading them outside. John grabbed a bottle of whiskey as he passed a table and kept his head up.

"Maddie's going to kill me." He muttered under his breath. Tommy grinned and snatched the bottle from his hand. "She'll do no such thing." Tommy said to him.

"Have you met her, Tom?" John looked over at his brother. "She can be bloody mental at times— i've witnessed it." John said. Tommy laughed at him and shook his head. "Did you not see her the day we defeated Kimber?"

Tommy looked at John in confusion.

"She went off on one about how our dad killed hers— I swear i've never been scared of a woman until then. Her eyes were fucking dark, i'm telling you. She could've killed me if i'd let her." John said, remembering the day as if it were yesterday.

"Oh please— the daughter of James Reynolds can't be that bad." Tommy refused.

John scoffed and laughed. "Trust me." He said. "She's bloody strong as well. If it weren't for Polly, only god knows what could've happened." John shook his head.

Arthur was practically laughing his head off at this point. Never would he have ever imagined John to find a girl scary. Especially not his own wife. "Marriage changes your life, John boy. That's something you should've realised a long time ago." Arthur chimed in.

John ignored Arthur's comment because that's not at all what John was inferring. He loved being married to Madeline — he loved Madeline.