"Sorry, HA-! So, sorry! 'cause I don't believe there's a language called Paul.. Stamets!" He joked as he point guns at you. There was a pregnant pause after he said that name.

You swore you heard a drum roll.

Even if that was just a joke or not, you couldn't help but wanting the urge to punch him right now. Oh, what utter blasphemous coming from this wretched hedgehog who knows nothing about medical accuracies! Not only approving for chili dogs, he also wants to tease you for being a sucker for mushrooms.

Fortunately for him, you let his word aside. For once.

You're about to speak, but it seems like Sonic beat you up to it,

"I'm kinda, sorta, littleeee curious about it. Can it be used anytime, anywhere? Uh- like, maybe if your injured, do you drink it or pour it on the wound?"

Your expectation is right, you knew he would ask a stupid question.

Yet you scoffed with a bitter expression, hiding the fact you're supposedly excited to explain further information before demonstrating, "Sonic, I literally said it is not suitable to be viewed as a drink."

You trailed off, before continuing,

"Of course it can be used anytime! But it is only necessary before or after a cat fight with Eggman or whomever." You swatted your hand dismissively.

He blinked, you watch when his eyes slowly widen in realization. He thinks about it- yeah, your ability to heal with or without using your magic does come in handy from after-fight with Dr. Eggman. Needless to say, he's quite impressed of your work and is in no shame to say the compliments. What was the word.. micro.. mycologist-! A professional, and a lover for mushrooms!

Sonic hates mushrooms. He can recall a distant, nostalgic memory back ago, where he told you about his gross opinion of mushrooms, to the part when he was only joking. Thus, you gave him a piece of your mind and forced him to eat a raw whatchamacallit type of fungus. You both took it way too far, and that's how your small, playful rivalry began.

He's not a type of guy who dislikes harmless people who are NOT Eggman, but he guessed you are somewhat different compared to your friends. In all seriousness, he thought you weren't being treated properly by anyone. Plus, you started to inhabit some of a few mannerisms from the corrupted, cruel, and the villainous man himself. He doesn't think too much of it, there are some people who are like you anyway.

Still loves you though. As a friend! Don't get the wrong idea.

He snapped out of his thoughts, returning back to you with a grin that is slowly stretching itself as he asks,

"Honestly, I thought it'd be poisonous when you mix all those mushrooms, y'know? Does it bring back the dead? Can it make plants grow faster? Does it take a while to heal a single scratch?"

You blink, and you frown.

"Short answer: No, no, and yes. After all, wounds take time to heal, scars commonly stays and sometimes not." Then a smile made it's way up to your face once again. You break eye contact as you glance down of what it seems to be your example for your demonstration. Sonic followed your gaze, for him to squint his eye, with a glint of confusion and slight disbelief-

"A dead flower?" His mouth fell open.

You nodded, whilst swirling the vial like a puppet on a string.

"There are nothing good to show examples, so I figured a flower would be a great option! Plus, it's the only flower with a different color than the rest, no people will cry for it!" You laugh.