01. {Sky} Rebellion, Doves, and Delays

The night was late and the ship was at a steady pace drifting off into the empty horizon. Skylar had called Azura and Carlos into her quarters to discuss something important; the first of the two to enter was Azura Blackolt. She was so tall and muscular that she could barely fit through the door as her ivory hair brushed up against the doorpost it reached down to her back, pulled into two low ponytails. Her skin was an umber tone which stood out against her high-neck emerald crop top which matched her eyes perfectly trailing off to her truly impressive torso, with three visible rows of two-pack abs her pants were a simple black and red design though they flooded at her ankles along with her forearms were wrapped in white bandages.

She glared around the room with a tired expression as she yawned, revealing her two canine-like teeth. "Where's Carlos?" She questioned before jumping onto Skylar's desk which shook the ink that was by her side causing it to splash onto the parchment and fall onto the floor. Skylar gave her a glance of annoyance before trying to wipe the paper. "Sorry." Azura muttered, crossing her legs over one another. After a few minutes of comfortable silence, a loud crash smashed against the door. "Finally." Azura said in an annoyed tone sliding off her captain's desk.

"I'm here, I'm here! So sorry for the delay, it was taking longer than I thought to unpack the supplies." The door burst open as a young man came in shouting. "Woah!" Before he could get too far he stumbled over a vial of ink left on the floor the papers he had been rushing in with were now scattered across the floor. Azura sighed as she went to pick him up from the floor. "Thanks." He said dusting himself off.

Carlos Demoor was certainly one of the less impressive looking members of the crew he was short and his eyesight wasn't the best as he wore silver framed glasses which hadn't dawned on him to put on in the morning, shown by the simple fact of his white Button up and striped tie having millions of wrinkles and the buttons on his green vest all being in the wrong openings. His black slacks had randomized stitching in them to cover up the small holes left behind and pulled over to cover his shoes that were scuffed beyond recognition. His light blonde hair was tangled in knots and his brown eyes had heavy bags under them.

"You've been overworking yourself again haven't you?" Skylar's hand-gilded against the paper as she spoke, catching both of their attention. "Captain, we'd like to apologize for our incompetence earlier today..." Azura's face twitched. "Who is we? I was flawless." She remarked watching Skylar put her hand out as they paused. "It's fine, setbacks are to be expected. Anyway, we'll be arriving in Aethra soon so we'll need to figure out where we're going next." She said, keeping her eyes on her paper. "I vote for the Klarian islands. I've been dying to go see them!" Carlos squealed in excitement. "No way that place is boring! Besides, we've already been there. We should go to Moriko Jungle. I heard they have amazing cooking ingredients and there are even rumors that they-" Before she could finish her thought she saw the look on her captain's face which clearly showed she was not impressed. "Sorry..." She trailed off at the end out of embarrassment. "Well I was thinking we could go big and go back to Valoriya-" Skylar's body tensed up at the thought of going back. "O-or not..." Carlos regretted saying anything. "No. I'm not going back. Ever." Skylar slammed her hand on the desk as it shook violently, her heartbeat quickened and echoed loudly in her ears. It was happening again. She had been used to feeling anxious but this felt like something much more. Each time it happened it was stronger than the last and her thoughts would be scrambled like a puzzle you've lost most of the pieces to. Her mind kept replaying that day but this time more vividly.

The dust rose into the air as their footsteps dashed down the dirt road. Their throats were burning up from the smoke in the air which also gave them a raging headache. Their ears were ringing from the explosions and their legs were ready to give up on them. "We just have to make it to the ships, if we can do that we can be safe for a while..." Her mother's voice was drowned out by the screams of terror and fear engulfing them like wildfire. "The boats are full, go back!" A woman screamed as the last boat from Valoriya sailed off leaving them without an escape.