Arc 2: Chapter 9

Começar do início

"You did not use the spells I taught you."

"I felt like my technique fit better for this. You have to admit it was effective."

"Despite my criticism, I did quite enjoy the display of... creativity." That was high praise, coming from Snape.

Honestly, seeing that man grin was something I could've gone the rest of eternity without, but it was still charming in its own way. Snape quickly hid it away before anyone else could notice, though.

{{Now that you have had your fun, Master, may I eat that man? It would be simple while he is weakened from your attack.}} Hebi suddenly spoke up after I'd absentmindedly given her a stroke. She was wrapped around my finger in ring form this entire time, staying mostly quiet and just observing up until now.

[[The basilisk will not touch him. I have plans.]]

That wasn't too surprising, after what she said earlier. So, I carried the message along to Hebi since Ciel seemed adverse to directly speaking to her.

{{Sorry Hebi, but you can't.}}

{{Why not? He is useless, yes?}}

{{I've got more plans for him. Plus, I bet he'd taste bad, with all that perfume he soaks himself with.}}

Is Hebi pouting? I swear, it looks like she's pouting even though she's in solid metal form. I gave her head a small pet to console her a little.

...

I decided to channel my patience for the next few days and hold off on receiving that apology I was promised. But then Lockheart ended up missing, leading to a spike in my curiosity, so I started looking for any local information I could to make sure the man hadn't just run away.

Leading to me often reading the newspaper during my early-morning conversations with Draco.

Well, eventually he did manage to convince me to bring up the topic.

"So. About the offer to switch seats. Will you explain what happened between you and Lockheart?"

The mention of the man led me to sigh deeply, but I needed to have some give for the kid. He'd made progress.

"Yes. But, if I find out you told anyone else, and I mean anyone, I'll throw you off the top of the Astrology tower and make it look like an accident, understand?"

"Did he get to you somehow? Truly?"

"Only because I let my guard down a little." I shrugged, "He slipped love potion in my food to humiliate me."

Draco immediately chortled and I shot him a glare, which shut him up.

"If that was done to me, my father would dispose of the perpetrator. Does your family have a similar attitude?"

If Diablo learned about this... well, killing Lockheart would be a mercy. Any of my 'family' back home, and I consider all my closest subordinates to be family, would not let Lockheart off easy in any way if they found out what happened.

"... Yes. But, I'm making sure they don't get involved."

"I suppose they are at quite a distance." Draco paused, "Do you plan on going back to them over the summer?"

I shook my head. I'd already had accommodations arranged for the summer, courtesy of the Ministry of Magic. This was all set up before the school year, actually, since Ciel is so good about preparing ahead and knew I would likely be staying for years.

"I'm staying in Britain."

"Perhaps I will visit you."

"I don't think your dad would be fine with that. He doesn't like me, remember?"