An abrupt knock on the car window startled them both, causing them to jolt apart, looking to their right to see Arthur standing beside the car.

"Apologies for the interruption, I recognised the motor, so I just thought I'd come get you before we get John ready to head into battle," He smiled awkwardly, thinking nothing of the interaction between Elijah and Florence as he was oblivious to the facade.

"Cheers, Arthur," Elijah nodded as he climbed out of the car, shaking the eldest Shelby's hand, "It's good to see you again."

"You too," Arthur replied, "You taking good care of our Floss?"

"Indeed he is," Florence smiled as she joined the two men beside the car, resting her hand on her bump.

"We can't wait to meet the little blighter," Arthur grinned at Florence's baby bump, "The boys are just up here, John'll be made up when he realises you've come to support him."

Wordlessly Elijah interlocked his hand with Florence's as she looked up to see Tommy, John and a handful of other Peaky Blinders walking towards them.

"Floss?" John spoke up as he walked beside Tommy, "What are you doing here?"

"Your brothers thought you could do with reinforcements," Florence told him vaguely, earning an appreciative smile from Tommy as the group continued walking, joined by Elijah, Arthur and Florence.

As the group turned the corner it became obvious to John that they were on their way for a visit to the Lees, "Tommy what are you playing at? We're in shotgun range."

"John," Tommy muttered, bringing the group to a stop as he turned to face his brother, "Before we go into battle, there's something you're going to need."

Each of the men pulled a single white flower from their pockets, fastening it to their lapels as Tommy did the same for John, "What are you bloody doing, Tommy?"

"Smile, John," Tommy sighed, resting his hands on his brother's shoulders, "It's a wedding."

"Whose bloody wedding?" John replied, slowly putting the pieces together.

"Now if we'd told you, you wouldn't have come, there's a girl in the Lee family who's gone a bit wild and she needs marrying off," Tommy explained.

"Fuck no," John hissed as he tried to wriggle free of the Peaky men surrounding him.

"John, calm it down!" Arthur muttered.

"You have no bloody right, Tommy!" John replied with fear in his voice.

"Listen to me, listen to me," Tommy soothed, steadying John, just like the caring older brother Florence knew he could be, "A girl who needs a husband, a man who needs a wife."

"Tommy, I'm not bloody marrying some fucking mushroom picker," John squirmed.

"Shh, John boy, come on, listen," Arthur added as he joined his brothers.

"I have already betrothed you," Tommy whispered, "So if you back out now there's going to be one fucking mighty war breaking out here that'll make the Somme look like a fucking tea party. But if you marry her, our family and the Lee family will be united forever and this war will be over, it's up to you John. War...or peace?"

Florence watched the three brothers, squeezing Elijah's hand as she wondered what Tommy had planned, given that he could not be publicly allied with the Lees while working for Kimber.

"Let go of me," John flinched away from the rest of the men, "I'll do it."

"Very well, come on boys," Tommy nodded before glancing at Florence with a tender smile, "And lady."