Chapter 1: Coming Home/ Big Birthday Bash

The Foster Triplets, Brandon, Bradley & Callie

By Maizy Greenberg

Dear Diary, August 11, 2009

My name is Callie Stefanie Elizabeth Adams-Foster. It's my birthday today. I am a triplet; I have two identical twin brothers, Brandon Michael Foster and Bradley Nathan Foster. I was the surprise baby of my Mommy and Daddy. Let me tell you a bit about my life in my short 16 years. My brothers and I were born on August 11, 1994, to my parents, Mike Foster and Stef (Stefanie) Marie Foster. In January 1996, when I was two and a half years old, I was kidnapped by a Foster Care worker from the park. I don't remember being kidnapped because I was so young, but I do remember my birth parents, Stef and Mike. Stef and Mike got divorced when I was two, and Mommy was dating a woman named Lena. Lena, Mommy, and Daddy lived together in an apartment building with Brandon, Bradley, and me. I didn't think I would see my family until I was 18 years old because I was pretty clever at two and a half years old. I got adopted from a wonderful family, The Jacobs, Colleen, and Donald Jacobs, as soon as I entered the system. I ended up having a younger brother, Jude, from those wonderful parents. I had almost three beautiful years with the family when my parents got into a car accident with a drunk driver, Mitchel Foster, who was my Daddy's father. My brother Jude and I were strapped in the back seats because my parents couldn't find a babysitter. The car crashed into the car head-on and killed Colleen and Donald instantly. Then, I was thrust into the system again with a one-year-old brother. We spent seven years in the system until an older foster brother, Liam Olmestead, when he was 18, took my virginity at 13 years old.

Luckily, things went my way because his parents caught him on top of me and called the police because they had taken my brother Jude and Sarah to the doctor's office and didn't want to bring me along.

The police who rescued me and my brother were Stef Foster and her work partner Mike Foster for an extra shift. Stef Foster and Mike took me to the hospital. Stef sat with me, and Mike sat with my brother in the waiting room. Stef came into the room to help me through the process of getting a rape kit done. At the same time as doing the rape kit, the doctor took my blood sample. Dr. Douglas Maynard and his wife, Dr. Cecelia Maynard, saw an old amber alert for Callie Stefanie Elizabeth Foster when he was checking to make sure I was okay from the rape. Dr. Cecelia rushed to find my Mommy, Stef, and Daddy, Mike, who was with the two of us in my hospital room; Jude and I were sleeping together in my hospital bed. She told them they had found their long-lost daughter, Callie.

Stef and Mike were crushed that the girl in the bed was their little girl. They decided they wouldn't separate her from the younger boy in the bed with their daughter. They called their friends Jackson and Addison Owens, who were the heads of foster care in their area, to make sure they could take their daughter and her brother home. Jackson was assigning his best Bill Ortega since he got a message from Stef they had found his goddaughter in the foster care system since she was two. He was so mad at one of his caseworkers, Cristina Marks since he read that she had found Callie in the park where they said in the police report that she was kidnapped.

Bill Ortega had arrived at the hospital to talk to Callie and Jude. He was assigned this complex case after he found out the girl had been rapped by the older foster brother who lived at home. There was another young girl, Sarah, in the house, and he found a placement near the home that would take her in. Bill entered Callie's room since she was awake after her brother had a nightmare. He introduced himself to Callie and Jude and said he was Jude's caseworker. I was confused because I thought the system was going to take her brother away when he explained that Callie was a kidnapped child, her parents would love to take her home to live with them, and her younger brother was going to go with her. I was relieved that we wouldn't be separated from the person who was my brother.

Stef and Mike came in and explained I was their long-lost daughter and that I would be living with Stef and her girlfriend of 10 years. I was confused as to why they were not together, but Stef explained she was a lesbian and she married my Daddy to please her father. I started to remember snippets before I was kidnapped. I remember my older twin brothers, and I remember I was a triplet. My Mommy and Daddy explained that we lived together with Lena when I was younger, but then Stef and Lena got together after her father died and moved in with each other in the house.

After that, Jude and I were brought into Stef and Lena's family after a few more days at the hospital because Liam had beaten me up, and as I was trying to get away from him, the force he pulled made me tare my ACL and broken arm, which he grabbed and though me to his bed and rapped me during the attack. Stef and Mike said I could call them by their first name until I got comfortable, but I remember her and Mike from when I was younger. A few days into my stay in the hospital, I asked Mike and Stef if I could call them Mommy and Daddy. I know it was babyish, but I was happy I was with my birth family. I was sad that I wasn't who I thought I was, and Colleen and Donald were not my parents. I was happy I got home after the traumatic thing that happened to me.

During my stay at the hospital, Mommy introduced me to my new family. The first to come to my room was her girlfriend, Lena; she looked lovely, and I remember her a bit when she used to tuck me in the bed and read us stories as toddlers. She gave me some books to read since Mommy found out I loved to read. She had gotten me a set of The Hunger Games and Harry Potter. My twin brothers Brandon and Bradley came in after; I wasn't scared of them because I remember them clearly. Brandon, Bradley, and I ended up in the bed together, cuddled like we used to as babies. I was in the middle of them, Bradley on my left side and Brandon on my right side, and my head switching off on my twin brothers' chests. After a nap with my twin brothers, I met Jesus and his twin sister, Marianna. Jesus looked fantastic, and Marianna looked like a bitch. She was mad that I would get my room while she and Jesus would share a room with a screen in the middle for privacy. Jude would get an old guest room and get his own space, too, since he was way younger than all of us; he was seven years old. I guess Marianna was used to being the only girl in the family, but I was in Mommy, Lena, and Mike's family first.

After a week in the hospital, I was able to go home. Daddy and Mommy came to pick me up. I hated that I had to go in a wheelchair because I felt like I could have walked out. But Mommy and Daddy explained it was a rule, and I had an injured ACL. I was put in the back seat with my leg stretched out beside me as Daddy drove me to Mommy's home. Daddy lived a few houses down from Mommy.

Stef and Lena adopted Jude as soon as possible since my godfather Jackson didn't want me to have any pain of losing my brother after all the lies I was told in the Foster Care system.

It's been two years since I came to live with Mom and Momma. I started calling Lena, Momma, three weeks into my stay with the family. I started calling Stef, Mom, in public about five months into my stay because I was teased at school. I called her Mommy in private. Now, It's my 16th birthday. I can't believe it.

Momma is calling me because all the grandparents have arrived.

That's all for now.