Kösem & Rasha Hatun (by midasandgold)

Start from the beginning

Kosem tears out of the room in a fury, intent on finding the culture. As she rushes, she runs into Safiye Sultan. She realizes she's looking at the culprit, but restrains her fury, and curtsies. "Sultanim."

"Kosem Hatun." Safiye acknowledges her.

"The most awful thing has happened Sultanim. Someone has snuck into our Hunkar's chambers, and destroyed my portrait."

Cennet Kalfa pipes up, "Maybe you've deeply angered someone." Kosem casts her a sharp glance.

"Well, people need to know that the Anastasia of that painting has died long ago. Now there is only Kosem, and no one can do this to Kosem." She states.

"Maybe it's because you've killed Anastasia, that your painting has been ruined. Maybe it's because they miss the loyal Anastasia. Kosem on the other hand, will have to be careful, as she never knows what those people might do." Safiye speaks. The venom in her voice evident.

"Threaten me all you like Sultanim. You will go to the Palace of Tears."

Safiye notices the tulip necklace, and pulls it towards herself. "You wear the symbol of the House of Osman, but you're only a slave. You have no Sehzade, you are not apart of the Imperial Family." She lets go, and looks at Kosem with contempt.

Kosem bites on her tongue, "Yes I am a slave, Sultanim. But I am a slave you need on your side. I am your only way of staying here."

"Do you believe you can betray me, and get away with it?" Safiye asks, obviously angry. "I took you under my wing, and this is how you repay me?"

"And then you left me to rot in a cell, as you tried to escape from the palace." Kosem retorts.

"How dare you! I have almost died many times at your age, you have gotten off easy! Do you know how many times I have been poisoned? How many times they have stabbed me in the back...but thank Allah, I recovered from all of it! Do not doubt me in the least! I shall get out of it again! I will cut the heads of anyone who dares lift them against me!" Safiye spews, before turning and storming away.

Bulbul Aga lags behind, and speaks to her, "If you apologize to our Sultanim, I can speak to her on your behalf."

"Why should I apologize? I only spoke the truth. My days of being frightened and needing her protection are over. I can take care of myself now."

"She is still our Hunkar's grandmother. This fight won't last forever, and it would be better for everyone if you two got along. Apologize Kosem. It would be for the best." Bulbul Aga tries to change her mind. Kosem ignores his pleas, and storms off.

Kosem is called back to Ahmed's chambers, and arrives to see Handan Sultan and Dervish Pasha there as well.

"Look what they've done Dervish!" Exclaims Handan. "What if they sneak in and hurt our Padishah?!?"

"I will find out who did this and punish them Hunkarim." Dervish reassures.

"Dismiss them all after you've questioned them. Whether or not you find out who's responsible. Make sure everyone knows you can't do this." Ahmed commands. Dervish nods. He bows and leaves.

"How is Rasha Hatun, Validem?" Ahmed questions. Kosem had completely forgotten about her fellow cariye, and former roommate. Distracted by the events of the morning.

"All is well so far. The physicians will monitored her, but they believe she has a chance of carrying to term."

"Inshallah." Ahmed speaks.

"Amen."

"Amen." Kosem echos.

"I'm going to go see her, do you wish to come Validem? I'll will visit with you later." He directs the latter at Kosem. He kisses her hand and leaves the room with his mother.

Kosem goes out to the balcony and sits. She watches the birds sore above the Bosphorus, and remembers when she was that free; back on Cephalonia. Though she is happy with Ahmed, she misses her family.

She wishes she had had a chance to say goodbye, but they never would've allowed that.

Time passes, and soon Ahmed is back at her side. He places himself beside her on the couch, and she leans into him.

"I'm worried." She confesses. "The fortune teller lady who saved you said I will lose everyone I love. That I will mourn for all of my days. I'm scared of losing you."

"Don't worry. No one knows the future." He runs a hand through her hair. "Anyways she also said Mustafa will be Padishah one day. What does she know?" He jokes. Kosem looks up and smiles at him.

"I am burning with your love Ahmed. One lifetime will not be enough. We will have many children. I will give you many Sehzades and Sultans." She leans up and kisses him.

"You will give me my first Sehzade, and he will be named Osman." Ahmed says. Confident.

"But what of Rasha Hatun?" She asks. Visibly confused.

"The physicians aren't sure if she'll carry the baby far enough along. And I know it'll be a girl if she does."

"How do you know?"

"I had a dream of a girl running through a field last night. Someone called out Ayse, and she turned around. I just knew she was my daughter. Why else would I dream of her if she wasn't Rasha's? And anyways, Validem said my late Hunkar father dreamed of all his children before they were born. And he was always right."

Kosem feels reassured, and kisses him. "Osman." She says softly. "Our Osman."