sᴜʟᴇɪᴍᴀɴ's ᴘʀᴇᴄɪᴏᴜs ɢᴇᴍ - Act 2 (By Seraphis88)

The next morning after Alexandra failed to walk on the Golden Road found Zeynep Sultan looking amused as she looked over the harem as the hatuns, except Alexandra, slept. Feathers were everywhere as it looked like the girls got into a pillow fight when the Ruthenian slave returned to the room. Dressed in a turquoise blue and golden gown, she had her hands on the railing of the second floor as she waited for the show to begin. Defne stood beside her dumbfounded at the complete idiocy of the girls below as she knew Nigar Kalfa was going to punish them for the mess.

Sure enough, as soon as the harem Kalfa walked into the room and opened the curtains to where they sleep, her face went red as she yelled, "Have you no shame?" She pulled the covers off a couple of the girls, "Get up! Get up! How could you do this? Are you cats and dogs? Hurry up! Clean this room up now!" She looked over at Alexandra who was staring at the purple handkerchief in her hands, ignoring the older woman. She stormed over and stood over her, "You did it, didn't you? Get up!"

Alexandra quickly got up as she quickly defended herself, "No." She looked to her left at some of the girls who were picking on her last night, "Her, her and her. They did it."

"That's a lie. You started it," one of them denied as they glared at the redheaded slave.

"Be quiet!" Nigar yelled at the girl before turning her attention back to Alexandra as she spoke to everyone, "You are all to be punished. This room will be spotless. If I see one feather out of place, I will shut you all in the cellar! You can meet the snakes and rats. You will be given no food until this evening. If this room is back in order by this evening..." she trailed off as she looked at all the girls, seeing the looks a majority were giving to the redhead, "...then perhaps you can eat."

Nigar looked at them bewildered and disappointed, "Is this what I taught you? Just look at yourselves. You should be ashamed." Alexandra and the other girls bowed their heads in remorse, though Alex wasn't ashamed of what she had done, only that she got in trouble doing it. Seeing her words affect them, Nigar started to walk away, "Come on, girls. Go and get buckets, rags, and water. Clean it up now!"

Before Nigar left the room, Zeynep called from the floor above as the favorites left their rooms to see what the commotion was about, "Nigar Kalfa," the woman looked up and gave a quick curtsey in respect to the Haseki Sultan, the other women following suit, "a word." The English Rose left the railing to walk to one of the favorites – Ayse's – room. The young concubine eagerly left the room to her, not wanting to get on the powerful woman's bad side.

Sitting gently on the unoccupied bed in the room, it didn't take long for the woman to show up as she entered with her head down. Never liking to exert her power over others unless she needed to, Zeynep gently said, "Raise your head, Nigar, you are not in trouble. How is your assignment going?"

"Concierge Ibrahim doesn't suspect a thing, he believes I am loyal to him," Nigar Kalfa told her mistress of many years. Years ago, Zeynep took Nigar under her wing when they were part of Suleiman's harem in Manisa. Though not selected to serve him, she was very intelligent and excelled at her studies, becoming an apprentice to Daye Hatun in the management of the harem. They became true friends and when Pargali Ibrahim noticed the young Kalfa, they came up with plans to use him as he wanted to use her. Though she had feelings for him, Nigar was loyal to her friend and would choose her over him any day.

"And your other assignment?" Zeynep asked with a smirk pleased with the news. Ibrahim was the closest friend of Suleiman and was a thorn in her side. Having sided with Mahidevran and Mustafa for some reason, even though the young prince wasn't the eldest son, the young pasha seemed to hold some distaste for his friend's legal wife. Unknown to her, however, this was because he was in love with her and was angry that she wasn't his. He felt like Suleiman took the one thing he wanted away from him, although the pasha saw the young woman first when she was first brought into the palace. He projects his anger on her and her children because they are a constant reminder that she belongs to his best friend.