*******

We freshened up and came downstairs, I sat close to Lucy detangling her hair. Wilson came with a tray of juice. He passed each glass to everyone, we all appreciated his gesture except Ronald who was on his phone.

Ronald POV

I accepted the glass from Wilson. I didn't want this gathering, but due to certain circumstances I had to invite them to stop something that was supposed to happen. I had to finish this proposal today because tomorrow is the deadline, that's why I'm all over my phone. I look over to Lucy, among all of them I would say I like her...... personality, well she's not annoying like Daphne and clingy like Christy and she's not both like Wilson. Something seemed wrong, her face was pale, her lively green eyes had lost its color, Daphne was being as clingy as fuck, and she isn't interested in this gathering....I can tell.

I'll leave a mental note to speak to her later.

I notice someone staring at me well not staring more like glaring. I look up from my phone, I raise my brow, because God knows I was sitting my ass down.

" The fuck you staring at me for?" My voice sounded hoarse and husky.

Tired I guess

" Aren't you the host, we're bored. Don't you know how to treat your guests, you should offer us a massage to prove your sincerity " Daphne smirked, extending her feets and placing them on my table.

" GET IT OFF NOW" I gritted my teeth, I didn't want to invite them over but I had to. Daphne narrowed her eyes at me, she slowly put her feet down but hastily stood on the couch....

My couch, this bitch....

She stood on the couch and gave me a daring look. She stepped on the couch ,never breaking eye contact.

Fuck I hate this!!

Wilson hurriedly pulled her down, I glared the hell out of her. She pouted and hugged Lucy tightly, I rolled my eyes at her stupid play, Lucy scolded me with her eyes, her eyes clearly read STOP, I rolled my eyes again.

I took a deep breath inhaling and after that exhaling, I returned my attention to my phone when I felt warm liquid on my biceps, a particular drink was poured on my shirt, I suddenly stood up and allowed a few drops of the liquid drop to the floor. I look up to see Christy puppy eyes , she looked like a puppy that has been wronged, she gasped lightly, running into the kitchen and bringing a napkin she used to wipe my shirt, I snatched the napkin from her grip and walked out.

I strode towards Lucy and Daphne, Lucy placed her head on Daphne's shoulder while Daphne stroked her hair. I stood in front of them, they didn't acknowledge my presence for a while, because of the story Wilson was telling them, they were so intrigued, I cleared my throat to gain their attention but I only gained Lucy's attention, she tapped Daphne's, thigh.

" I need to talk to Lucy alone." I made it clear that I wanted to talk to her alone.

" She doesn't want to talk to you, so excuse us." Daphne replied,

No one should even ask me why I'm rude....

" I wasn't referring to you and why would I want to talk to you alone, pathetic." I slide my hands in my pants pocket as I looked away not wanting to get into a fight. I muttered the last word under my breath. Daphne face turned ugly, she bit her lips frustrated,

" It's okay, I'll talk to him." Lucy said earning an eye roll from Daphne.

" Meet me by the pool, when you're done." I walked out, leaving them.