Chap. 3 - Man Who Sold The World.

Start bij het begin

That was.. Exactly it? Perhaps they knew the person? The redhead smiled and looked at Scott, before speaking up. "Yeah, we know him. His name is Kurt."

Kurt.. Where have I heard that name before..?

I thought for a moment. And then another moment.

OH right!! Scott mentioned him yesterday when we headed to my house. I raised an eyebrow at the girl, mentally asking her who this Kurt person was. She shot back quickly with a thought, "Good friend of ours." I nodded.

"Kurt asked me about you. We're roommates, yknow? Saw you in the kitchen, panicked, and left. I asked him to grab those twinkies for me. Damn you!" Peter paused for a millisecond before he continued -- "He was all like 'do you know a mutant vith a veird bump on her back?' And I was all like 'nah dude, maybe it's that new girl Scott was supposed to show around' and he was like 'oh'. Then we stopped talking."

I took a minute to take that all in. The crappy accent.. Sounded German to me. The question. Last night when I saw him, it seemed like he was pretty, uh, shy, to say the least.

The rest of the morning wasn't too important. The telepath introduced herself as Jean Grey, Scott talked about the two for a while, Peter ate twinkies, and I jumped in on the group's conversations every once in a while.

Didn't know it then, but this group right here, alongside some others, would become some of my best friends. Even better than the friends I grew up with.

When it was finally time for me to get all dolled up for classes, I went to leave for my room but a hand stopped me. Peter grabbed my wrist and turned my attention back to the group.

"We should all hang out sometime. At like, the mall or something. Just me, you, Scotty, Jean, and, if you're fine with it, maybe Kurt?" He offered. My face lit up, like, immediately. God, I missed malls. Haven't been to one since I discovered my mutation! Of course, I accepted.

------------------

We all decided we would be meeting outside the building. Jean saw me in the halls during a passing hour and sent me a message basically giving me the information. It would be me, her, Peter, and Scott. All of us would meet out front, and Scott would be the one driving us. Y'know.. Sometimes I wonder if his glasses affect his vision.. Oh well! If we die, that's on him.

Before we left, I took a minute up in my room to just doll myself up. I changed my clothes since earlier today, some really nerdy dude took it upon himself to help me practice stuff regarding my mutation. I believe his name was Hank? He wasn't necessarily a professor.

Hank made me do a bunch of exercises to help me get comfortable with even moving my wings. Previously, I couldn't do anything besides make them unfold ever so slightly and flap them. I couldn't concentrate enough to actually use them to their full ability. But, with the help of the funky scientist, I was able to expand them fully. To do this, he made me do various stretches to get my blood flowing, or something, I don't really know, he didn't explain much of anything. I do believe he was taking notes while this was all happening.

Anyways. I changed because I didn't want to wear my sweaty clothes. I would rather die than be disgusting. I threw on a pair of flared jeans and an Aladdin Sane shirt. The shirt was modified a bit by myself so I could show off the wings. I had to get comfortable with the giant green wings on my back somehow.

As I exited the room, I grabbed a pair of aviators I haven't worn in a good while. (Note, it wasn't that sunny of a day, I just wanted to wear them to look cool.)

Eventually, after some close inspection of how I looked, I took my leave. I wandered the absolutely gorgeous halls, nobody else was really out there. Maybe a few people, but, like, for the most part.. Hardly anyone.